Thread: Fleece bed okay for winter?

Default Fleece bed okay for winter?

Hello,
    At the moment Maisy has straw as her bedding (in one of those small hideaway hutches 41x51x46cm which is inside a playhouse) however she throws it every where and does eat some of it (not much as she has plently of hay) but as it's getting colder I want to make sure she's warm enough. Would she be okay if I bought her a fleece bed like a cat bed to put in her 'bedroom', I'll obviously keep checking to make sure she does eat it but would that be warm enough?
    I have put a blanket over the top that dangles down to cover the top half of the door to try to reduce the draft.

Thanks
    Jaynie

Maisy Baby : ) Om nom nom

Wise Old Thumper

It should be warm enough but she might use it as a toilet!

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    It should be warm enough but she might use it as a toilet!
    Fingers crossed she doesn't!
    She's usually quite good with her toilet habits, very well litter trained to point she once moved the tray about but still went in the corner the tray used to be in.

Wise Old Thumper

Aw bless!

All four of mine, who are fully litter trained use any fleecy item as a toilet and also shred it.

The best thing for warmth is a friend, my four all cuddle together in a rabbity heap (very cute to see). A small space such as you have described with straw and lots of hay should be fine imo.

Mine have three litter trays, one of which they use as a dig box. Perhaps giving her somewhere to dig would help? You never know.

Good luck.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    All four of mine, who are fully litter trained use any fleecy item as a toilet and also shred it.

The best thing for warmth is a friend, my four all cuddle together in a rabbity heap (very cute to see). A small space such as you have described with straw and lots of hay should be fine imo.

Mine have three litter trays, one of which they use as a dig box. Perhaps giving her somewhere to dig would help? You never know.

Good luck.
    I wish I could have four bonded together!

I've given Brandi a plastic dog bed with a fleece blanket and snugglesafe, and just clean the blanket every now and then