• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fleece bed okay for winter?

Jayniekinns

Young Bun
Hello,
At the moment Maisy has straw as her bedding (in one of those small hideaway hutches 41x51x46cm which is inside a playhouse) however she throws it every where and does eat some of it (not much as she has plently of hay) but as it's getting colder I want to make sure she's warm enough. Would she be okay if I bought her a fleece bed like a cat bed to put in her 'bedroom', I'll obviously keep checking to make sure she does eat it but would that be warm enough?
I have put a blanket over the top that dangles down to cover the top half of the door to try to reduce the draft.

Thanks
Jaynie

It should be warm enough but she might use it as a toilet! :D
Fingers crossed she doesn't!
She's usually quite good with her toilet habits, very well litter trained to point she once moved the tray about but still went in the corner the tray used to be in.

All four of mine, who are fully litter trained use any fleecy item as a toilet and also shred it.

The best thing for warmth is a friend, my four all cuddle together in a rabbity heap (very cute to see). A small space such as you have described with straw and lots of hay should be fine imo.

Mine have three litter trays, one of which they use as a dig box. Perhaps giving her somewhere to dig would help? You never know.

Good luck.

All four of mine, who are fully litter trained use any fleecy item as a toilet and also shred it.

The best thing for warmth is a friend, my four all cuddle together in a rabbity heap (very cute to see). A small space such as you have described with straw and lots of hay should be fine imo.

Mine have three litter trays, one of which they use as a dig box. Perhaps giving her somewhere to dig would help? You never know.

Good luck.
I wish I could have four bonded together!

I've given Brandi a plastic dog bed with a fleece blanket and snugglesafe, and just clean the blanket every now and then

Back