• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

10 hours to castration

Aww :love: it’s lovely to see him without his collar on all well again :love:

Isnt he thin though now, I am hoping apple, toast, and lots of treats will help him put back the weight he has lost. I think that's why he sits by the fire, for warmth and comfort. They do have blankets and fleeces in the run for sleeping on and the heating is on all the time

It’s tricky to see on the photos but I know what you mean. They can lose weight so quickly. I’m sure that he will put weight on soon, does he like readigrass, as that is good for putting on weight, I’ve also fed junior pellets to active rabbits that struggled to keep weight on too.

It’s tricky to see on the photos but I know what you mean. They can lose weight so quickly. I’m sure that he will put weight on soon, does he like readigrass, as that is good for putting on weight, I’ve also fed junior pellets to active rabbits that struggled to keep weight on too.

Thank you, I will look at readigrass.

Lovely photos :)

We've been using junior pellets (usual brand) to help feed up our Blossom who had lost lots of weight (as mentioned by Zoobec, up thread). Shes doing amazing now x

The readigrass arrived - Dillon does not like it :( but Cuthbert is yumming it up :) Took them both back to the vets today for Dillon to have his last stitch out and they were discharged with a clean bill of health. Thank you so much for your help and support with my boys especially MightyMax and Tonibun but everyone has made a really stressful time more manageable, thank you thank you , thank you

The readigrass arrived - Dillon does not like it :( but Cuthbert is yumming it up :) Took them both back to the vets today for Dillon to have his last stitch out and they were discharged with a clean bill of health. Thank you so much for your help and support with my boys especially MightyMax and Tonibun but everyone has made a really stressful time more manageable, thank you thank you , thank you

You're really welcome :)

I've had that problem in castrated males and I really felt for you all. Especially when there were limited options to recovery ..

I'm so glad they have now been given a clean bill of health - super news!!

Back