• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

advice please.. U/D 10/12 :(

thank you Sarah. sorry it took so long to reply and let you know, this week has been insane and I just haven't had the chance to be around much. I mostly nap at the moment lol. I don't know if they've helped as shed isn't sure what to make of them. one day she hid it in her litter box, another day ate it, another day she just ignored it. I'll keep trying with her though.

MM, yeah, its pee :( I sniffed it - in disgust to my boyfriend!! the blanket also has pee on it too.

I have no idea if she could have a urine infection, I'll try and get some sticks tomorrow as the weather is horrible today and I'm not going out in it.

she's still not herself, I'm trying to manage it at home.

she has her metacam at 4, so in half an hour, so I'll do a full check then. I'm not sure what it is but she's always cold. I keep giving her heat pads which Luna is excepting of and lies on. her ears are sometimes frozen cold or luke warm - not normal bunny temperature as they should be. my room is a little cold due to the seal on the window being a bit broken, but there's no draft. she has some blankies too, not that she uses them. I can't find a reason for her cold other than her being a bit unwell.

she's back to eating well, a full hay rack overnight and lots of normal sized poops again. I just don't understand these "episodes" or what the issue is.

I could take her back to the vet but I have pretty much no money left at this point, and if its related to the issues before insurance won't cover it. if I could get insurance to cover it I would.

its horrible but until my boyfriend can get a job and get his first payment, I'm stuck trying to manage here.

Back