• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disappointed.

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

One of our buns, Spud, has lived in my dd's room since we brought him home and he's been a perfect house guest... until now!

I heard a noise this afternoon and found him ripping up the carpet! He'd actually managed to lift the corner nearest the door (we have a baby gate across) and was shredding the edges. Luckily I've been able to tuck it back down and you wouldn't know, but as soon as my back was turned he was there again.

I had to resort to shutting him in his cage (usually permanently open) something I haven't had to do since the very early days. He's out again this evening and my dd has been keeping an eye on him. But now I feel like he can't be trusted.

The most likely explanation is that he's realised that we have one of our does Blossom in the next room (we brought her in as she was losing weight outside).

I can't really be mad, he's just being a rabbit. But it is disappointing after all this time x

Hi all,

One of our buns, Spud, has lived in my dd's room since we brought him home and he's been a perfect house guest... until now!

I heard a noise this afternoon and found him ripping up the carpet! He'd actually managed to lift the corner nearest the door (we have a baby gate across) and was shredding the edges. Luckily I've been able to tuck it back down and you wouldn't know, but as soon as my back was turned he was there again.

I had to resort to shutting him in his cage (usually permanently open) something I haven't had to do since the very early days. He's out again this evening and my dd has been keeping an eye on him. But now I feel like he can't be trusted.

The most likely explanation is that he's realised that we have one of our does Blossom in the next room (we brought her in as she was losing weight outside).

I can't really be mad, he's just being a rabbit. But it is disappointing after all this time x

Boredom and frustration setting in?

Have you a paving stone you can strategically place over that corner of the room so he can't reach the carpet. And perhaps buy him a carrot cottage?

Could you put him in puppy pens on some plyboard with non slip vinyl on it for when he is unsupervised?

I would think that this is almost certainly the realisation that Blossom is very close and this is a claiming of territory.

A short term solution would be to prevent him accessing the area of carpet. Are you planning to bond these two?

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

I've put a couple of carpet tiles, that were elsewhere in the room, across the doorway for now, so hopefully that will help.

We did used to have the whole floor covered in Lino and puppy panels around the outside, but we gradually took everything away. He's been brilliant till now.

Yes, the plan is to bond them and have them share my dd's room, but neither have had their ops yet, so it's a way off.

After spending the night in 'jail', so far he's been ok. I have a hay tunnel and a hay block toy on order for him and I've given him a box stuffed with hay and a few hidden carrots to keep him occupied for now, I hope x

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

I've put a couple of carpet tiles, that were elsewhere in the room, across the doorway for now, so hopefully that will help.

We did used to have the whole floor covered in Lino and puppy panels around the outside, but we gradually took everything away. He's been brilliant till now.

Yes, the plan is to bond them and have them share my dd's room, but neither have had their ops yet, so it's a way off.

After spending the night in 'jail', so far he's been ok. I have a hay tunnel and a hay block toy on order for him and I've given him a box stuffed with hay and a few hidden carrots to keep him occupied for now, I hope x

Sometimes I mutter 'buns, buns, buns' to myself of an evening as they seem to take up so much time :roll: It's a constant adjusting act sometimes, isn't it? And I have nowhere near as many as you do! x

Hopefully he returns to normal behaviour again.

Is Theo being naughty, does he need a sleep over at mine :)

Sometimes I mutter 'buns, buns, buns' to myself of an evening as they seem to take up so much time :roll: It's a constant adjusting act sometimes, isn't it? And I have nowhere near as many as you do! x

Very much so, MM. It's a full time job, caring for them all, wouldn't have it any other way though, of course :) x

Back