• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Christmas tree question.....

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Archie and Pip are very excited, because they've heard rumours that a tree might be arriving in their domain next Saturday...

I am very lucky, because I work on a nature reserve and we are allowed to take a Scots Pine tree home as our Christmas tree.

So my question is....

Can buns eat pine tree needles and bark?

I know they will try to eat it, as everything gets sampled in here.....

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It's not ideal but the odd taste doesn't appear to do harm.
Both of mine were eating the tree last year.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

as long as it hasn't been treated with any pesticides or chemicals, it will be fine. we brought a fir tree a few years back for during christmas, and the rabbits would do just about anything to get to it. I ended up having to rotate it (its in a pot) so one side could grow while they destroyed the other side! its a bit lop sided now :roll:

obviously they shouldn't eat the entire thing, a nibble won't hurt. I think its more stressful to try and stop them lol.

if they're really going for it you could always barricade it off via using puppy panels so they can't get to it.

Thanks everyone. We did barricade it last year, but we've moved the room around so we can't pen it in this year.

The trees are definitely not sprayed with pesticides, because they are just growing on our nature reserve and we like critters! :)

And yes when ever I try to stop them doing anything they are even more determined to do it! They a tiny, but very stubborn!

Here's a picture of Archie exploring the back of the sofa.....we used to try to stop him. Hahaha (he's looking miffed because I left the flash on, whoops)
2beb97e642011bee4949a7d7632a497e.jpg

Thanks everyone. We did barricade it last year, but we've moved the room around so we can't pen it in this year.

The trees are definitely not sprayed with pesticides, because they are just growing on our nature reserve and we like critters! :)

And yes when ever I try to stop them doing anything they are even more determined to do it! They a tiny, but very stubborn!

Here's a picture of Archie exploring the back of the sofa.....we used to try to stop him. Hahaha (he's looking miffed because I left the flash on, whoops)
2beb97e642011bee4949a7d7632a497e.jpg

Your question was about Xmas trees, and yet you sneak in a cute photo of Archie on the back of the sofa without so much as a cuteness warning .... humph :lol:

:love::love:

Your question was about Xmas trees, and yet you sneak in a cute photo of Archie on the back of the sofa without so much as a cuteness warning .... humph [emoji38]

:love::love:
Sorry mightymax didn't mean to sneak the little cutey pie in. He hopped up there whilst I was replying. ;-)

My bridge pair used to love snuggling up to each other under the Christmas tree,however it was an artificial one so only got a couple of test chews and some nose bonks of the baubles.I have pics but they are on a memory card that this windows phone doesn't like.:roll:

My bridge pair used to love snuggling up to each other under the Christmas tree,however it was an artificial one so only got a couple of test chews and some nose bonks of the baubles.I have pics but they are on a memory card that this windows phone doesn't like.:roll:
Aww that sounds very sweet. I'll try and take a picture when we get the tree sorted. It will probably have them both chewing it..... ;-)

I have a pine tree in the garden, a former Christmas tree that I planted outside after Christmas and the rabbits regularly raid it during their free range time. Whether they actually eat the needles I can't say for sure but they certainly love to snip off the thin twigs. No adverse effects.

Back