• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun lost her friend

sophietheveggie

Young Bun
Hi, i had two bunny sisters (flash and Toothless) who were bonded since birth and about a week ago we lost Toothless. Flash seems to not be dealing with it well and I'm really worried. She usually runs around the room binkying but now she just sits in small corners. She is also chewing and digging everything. She has always been a chewer but not to this extent.
Is this normal? And is it possible for her to get better? Does she need to be bonded with another bunny?

I don't think I can get another bun right now, would it be better for her if I found someone with bunnies to adopt her? She can be a little grumpy sometimes too and i'm not sure how she will get on with other buns.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi, i had two bunny sisters (flash and Toothless) who were bonded since birth and about a week ago we lost Toothless. Flash seems to not be dealing with it well and I'm really worried. She usually runs around the room binkying but now she just sits in small corners. She is also chewing and digging everything. She has always been a chewer but not to this extent.
Is this normal? And is it possible for her to get better? Does she need to be bonded with another bunny?

I don't think I can get another bun right now, would it be better for her if I found someone with bunnies to adopt her? She can be a little grumpy sometimes too and i'm not sure how she will get on with other buns.

Grief and bereavement affect rabbits in all sorts of different ways. It sounds like she would value a companion, but if that's not for you, then it would be very selfless of you to let her go to be bonded with another bunny x

Grief and bereavement affect rabbits in all sorts of different ways. It sounds like she would value a companion, but if that's not for you, then it would be very selfless of you to let her go to be bonded with another bunny x
If it means she will be happier then i think it is the best thing to do. Should I give ger some time before trying to find someone so there is not too much change all at once?

If it means she will be happier then i think it is the best thing to do. Should I give ger some time before trying to find someone so there is not too much change all at once?

I think it depends on her behaviour.

I have had rabbits who have been so distressed by the loss of a companion that I have bonded them with a new one within a week.

Back