Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Molting

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah298 View Post
    Sorry to jump in on your post Ross, I hope you donít mind?

My 2 rabbits seem to have bald patches behind their ears as if on the back of their neck. Have looked and canít see and flakey/ dry skin or any evidence of mites. Would you say this is molting? One rabbit has got a really short patch which looks like its regrowing but doesnít look like the photo Ross posted?
    Hi Sarah, I noticed that Illy gets bald patches when she has mites. Only she ever gets them; Chinook (her sister who lives with her) is never affected. As soon as she has some treatment applied, her fur grows back very quickly afterwards. Might be worth getting your two checked just in case, as Illy never shows any other symptoms other than when her fur falls out.
    Chinook and Illy are my wonderful buns

Crumpet and Elmo, you'll always be my best friends x

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Hi Sarah, I noticed that Illy gets bald patches when she has mites. Only she ever gets them; Chinook (her sister who lives with her) is never affected. As soon as she has some treatment applied, her fur grows back very quickly afterwards. Might be worth getting your two checked just in case, as Illy never shows any other symptoms other than when her fur falls out.
    Thank you will get some treatment today and make an appointment for them both.