• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonder disaster

Me too, Truffpuff - you are my inspiration for when I can put my boys together. Topping up the vibes. Just loved seeing the boys together photo

Aww that’s really lovely thank you!

The best thing I have learnt is to do methods you think will suit your bunnies and their personality and if you think in your heart they can be friends, they just don’t know it yet, don’t give up and take your time.
Most of all there are such fantastic people on this forum that can help and are so knowledgeable, they are amazing people <3

Good luck when you begin your bond, I will look out for your posts c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for asking DP I was literally just about to conjure up an update for you all......great minds!

So I have been sleeping, well more “sleeping” downstairs so I was in ear shot of the boys and there has been no fighting in the night just lots of moving and rustling of newspaper bedding.
I tried the cats down with me last nights to see how the rabbits responded to the cats in the dark and so they can get used to the sounds, but the cats were a total nightmare because normally they would be shut in the kitchen and not have the living room too. So they thought it was totally brilliant and ran around like loons, the bunnies were unphased though, so by 2am I had enough and chucked the cats back in their made up room upstairs. They continued to thump around up there so I decided to do something which was going to be tonight’s test, shut the cats in the kitchen with the door shut to me in the living room. Best 3 hours sleep ever! So I will do the same tonight then I might trust going to my own bed.

There has been no aggression just the odd running around. Laying down and being near each other at times. It will sound crazy but I know Luther isn’t 100% happy yet or comfortable because both his ears are down, when he’s alert both go up and when his chill the are at their normal one up one down. But so far I’m both shocked and ecstatic so far!

I put loo roll tubes in yesterday as something for them to chew, no problem their either :)

Unfortunately though, I forgot to add, I noticed Luther had a gooky eye yesterday night so I was on to my vet nurse friend as she knows my situation and I said I can’t really put both in a carrier or split them up to see a vet. So I’m bathing his eye and putting a gel in which I had when Truffle got a scratch before and will see in a few days. It’s looking better I think already.

I think it’s because their bedding is hay and normally they would have more space so they aren’t in hay all the time and its irritating his eyes. I might get shredded paper or something instead and have less hay.

But both have been good when I do Luther’s eye meds and truffle even seemed concerned this morning what I was doing to Luther. And what I thought was kind of good was I gave Truffle a leaf to distract him while I did Luther’s eye, Luther went round the back of truffle and started eating it with him! Truffle was fine about it! They also have there faces together when ever I open the doors to see them :)

I will try and get more pics I forget to take my phone over with me haha!

Wow, it's all sounding very good so far :D I think it was a good test to try them with the cats running around, even more so as the cats went a bit manic :)

Rabbits sometimes really don't know what's best for them.

Wow, it's all sounding very good so far :D I think it was a good test to try them with the cats running around, even more so as the cats went a bit manic :)

Rabbits sometimes really don't know what's best for them.

Aww yay! I’m glad you think so. I’m so in awe that it’s like this so far and so proud of the boys!

Yeah I thought doing a few tests to ease them all in would be a good call. Oh and get this this is the cats now I’m up!! Lol. They are babies still so I guess I have to forgive them.

Yes exactly, I told them they wanted to be friends :)
bcdd2c5e19523d7ba9b106c9a1fec2f5.jpg

3d6c59599abd2affdcf41163c9e9075c.jpg

Unfortunately though, I forgot to add, I noticed Luther had a gooky eye yesterday night so I was on to my vet nurse friend as she knows my situation and I said I can’t really put both in a carrier or split them up to see a vet. So I’m bathing his eye and putting a gel in which I had when Truffle got a scratch before and will see in a few days. It’s looking better I think already.

I think it’s because their bedding is hay and normally they would have more space so they aren’t in hay all the time and its irritating his eyes. I might get shredded paper or something instead and have less hay.

But both have been good when I do Luther’s eye meds and truffle even seemed concerned this morning what I was doing to Luther. And what I thought was kind of good was I gave Truffle a leaf to distract him while I did Luther’s eye, Luther went round the back of truffle and started eating it with him! Truffle was fine about it! They also have there faces together when ever I open the doors to see them :)

I will try and get more pics I forget to take my phone over with me haha!

You are doing incredibly well - are you worn out yet?

I hope the eye is OK - just keep watch on it, as you don't want it to turn into anything else but I do agree that you certainly don't want to split them up at the moment. I had a vision of them *both* on the vet's consulting table together, joined at the hip to make sure they stay friends :)

You are doing incredibly well - are you worn out yet?

I hope the eye is OK - just keep watch on it, as you don't want it to turn into anything else but I do agree that you certainly don't want to split them up at the moment. I had a vision of them *both* on the vet's consulting table together, joined at the hip to make sure they stay friends :)

Thank you so much MM :)
Haha yeah, I think when I finally go back to my own bed I’m going to be out like a light, but it’s all been worth it.

Yeah it looks better today with no gunk so hopefully it was just an irritation from hay or something. Ha! Exactly, I just think it would be a nightmare lol x

I thought you’d all love to see what I just saw on my way into the kitchen..... <3 my heart melted (also notice Luther’s ear has boinged back up!)

3cfcac2cbb00f6e6053455e98e10b648.jpg

0aabb6cd284806b31f3f808be7b0429d.jpg

:love: you & your boys are doing fab. I love how this is working out & its your patience & belief thats making it happen

I was reading back on my ancient posts the other day & there was one of them called proud of my girls or something similar. I posted a photo just like that, then Boo flopped & as I was typing Boo gave Mouse her first kisses

They do look more relaxed than when you first had them together :love:

Not long til they're causing trouble together.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

:love: you & your boys are doing fab. I love how this is working out & its your patience & belief thats making it happen

I was reading back on my ancient posts the other day & there was one of them called proud of my girls or something similar. I posted a photo just like that, then Boo flopped & as I was typing Boo gave Mouse her first kisses

Aww thank you so much, I still can’t believe how far they have come so far!

Ahh that’s so sweet <3 I hope one day we will get there too

So yesterday we cleaned the boys out and had to sort out a structural issue out (where we have makeshift blocked the ramp) and this is what they did a lot of the time.
Truffle did get fed up in the end because we were a bit too slow so he did have a bit of a pop at Luther but all was fine after.

They have their faces together a lot when eating or saying hi to me, today we have even caught them laying very close together once or twice.
I had my first night in bed last night......it was great lol!

I’m still treating Luther’s eye which I discovered a scab under his bottom eye lid, so I think while at the bonding centre he got a bite or scratch and was very lucky to miss his eye.

But seems all good still at the moment :-D I’m so proud of them <3

7d696ef74f2c1d0ce2c81f30ae234157.jpg

03055e64c6d1682dfa2d685f790071b8.jpg

So yesterday we cleaned the boys out and had to sort out a structural issue out (where we have makeshift blocked the ramp) and this is what they did a lot of the time.
Truffle did get fed up in the end because we were a bit too slow so he did have a bit of a pop at Luther but all was fine after.

They have their faces together a lot when eating or saying hi to me, today we have even caught them laying very close together once or twice.
I had my first night in bed last night......it was great lol!

I’m still treating Luther’s eye which I discovered a scab under his bottom eye lid, so I think while at the bonding centre he got a bite or scratch and was very lucky to miss his eye.

But seems all good still at the moment :-D I’m so proud of them <3

7d696ef74f2c1d0ce2c81f30ae234157.jpg

03055e64c6d1682dfa2d685f790071b8.jpg

Your persistence and patience has paid off. You trusted your instincts and it was 100% the right thing to do!

Did you sleep through the night in bed? I bet it felt like a luxury! :D

I'm so proud of the boys and I'm also incredibly proud of you. You've done an amazing thing for these boys and it's paying off!
I think not long until you can increase their space :)

Your persistence and patience has paid off. You trusted your instincts and it was 100% the right thing to do!

Did you sleep through the night in bed? I bet it felt like a luxury! :D

Thank you! I’m so relieved because I was really starting to think maybe I was kidding myself.

Oh, it was, amazing! I slept though the night until about 9am this morning! Haha!

I'm so proud of the boys and I'm also incredibly proud of you. You've done an amazing thing for these boys and it's paying off!
I think not long until you can increase their space :)

Aww thank you so much DP that really means a lot!! We are just so thrilled so far.

That’s good news, I mostly will be excited to give them a litter tray when we finally give them the downstairs part of the hutch!

Back