Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonder disaster

Omi... 2 does are the worst to bond! My girls took over 3 months and lots of sleepless nights & tears but you'd never know it looking at them now. They've been bonded 2 years this month

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    Omi... 2 does are the worst to bond! My girls took over 3 months and lots of sleepless nights & tears but you'd never know it looking at them now. They've been bonded 2 years this month

ditto for my girls...the tears & anguish (I wouldn't relish doing it again). One of the hardest yet most rewarding things I've done.

I scrolled down for your update with both fingers crossed. It does sound like its going ok & perhaps as DP says they are being a little guarded so as not to get your hopes up too much. Lots of positive thoughts. Ask them if there is a good time for you to call for a little bit more info

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Hmm I admire your patience, but can understand why. In my view, if that's the only information you received, it's pretty minimal. I presume the "brown lop" (why can't they use their names?) is Truffle?

As I said earlier, I'm going to be in your position soon and have been looking at loads of internet videos on bonding. Some are very good and some I disagree with their methods. Anyway, last night I was encouraged with a long video, which attempted to bond two females (apparently not the easiest). In my view they did everything wrong in how they did it and in fact one of the does screamed on more than one occasion. It took, I think, 8 days for them to get to the stage where they were happy with each other and grooming. I'm saying this as it has shown me that sometimes it works eventually, even if mistakes are made and also sometimes it works eventually if you just stick at it.

Sending lots of hugs.
    Yes I think Truffle presumably is ďthe brown oneĒ although heís harlequin and pretty light!
    I hope they have the right pair, when we got there the weekend staff said we werenít even in the diary which is another reason I wanted an update in case we had been forgotten among the three other bonds they were getting in.

I couldnít watch many videos I found them cringy and made me feel a bit ill lol! One of them I watched a lady just keeps smooshing their faces together to be friends, if I did that with mine Iíd have no fingers left!! Haha!
    Yes see that one you say took 8 days is more what Iím expecting, I donít think it will be one of their usual bonds so I have said I donít mind paying more if they have to keep them longer than the normal 3-4 days, if itís working. Yeah exactly thatís why I think of you know deep down it can work, you have to be patient and keep trying different things before calling it a day.
    I hope yours goes more smoothly than ours, but if it ever happens for us at least you know miracles can happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    I think the last bit is just leaving room for incase they can't make it work.
    It sounds like a very minimal reply but the main thing is that there has already been some improvment xx

Yeah I did think maybe thatís why, would be nice to get something a bit more positive after the last 13 weeks though lol. Yes thatís true any improvement is good really. I did tell him that Truffle is quite stubborn and took about 1-2 months of positive training before he liked our new kittens, now they are his best friends xx

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I scrolled down for your update with both fingers crossed. It does sound like its going ok & perhaps as DP says they are being a little guarded so as not to get your hopes up too much. Lots of positive thoughts. Ask them if there is a good time for you to call for a little bit more info
    Aw thank you :-)

Yes I think you guys are right, although we need a bit of positive at the moment with everything so far.
    Thank you.
    Yes that might be an idea, I just hope they done prematurely give up x

Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    Just got an update reply, although Iím not really sure itís good or not. Wasnít as positive as I had hoped really....

ďHey the brown lop is being quite defensive but showing some signs of improvement it will take longer than normal we are going to keep trying with the bond for nowĒ

The last bit makes me feel a bit negative about the outlook from their point of view.

I wouldn't take that as a negative. I doubt you'd get a long reply from me if I had my eyes glued to two bunnies as much as I could.

Still sending vibes, and I love your positive attitude. Our gut instinct is something very important and too precious to be ignored x

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I wouldn't take that as a negative. I doubt you'd get a long reply from me if I had my eyes glued to two bunnies as much as I could.

Still sending vibes, and I love your positive attitude. Our gut instinct is something very important and too precious to be ignored x
    Yes thatís very true, I didnít think of it like that. I guess for now I should just take it that itís good news they are still together 24 hours on which is more than anyone has achieved so far.

Aww thank you. Yes trying to be positive and keep myself busy so Iím a bit distracted :-) xx

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

I've been thinking of you and the boys today. I really hope things are heading in the right direction with this new bond. xx

[IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    I've been thinking of you and the boys today. I really hope things are heading in the right direction with this new bond. xx

Aww your sweet, thank you. I havenít heard any more since my last update so hopefully more good news will come soon.
    I do miss them being here I will admit xx