• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonder disaster

Sending loads of vibes for a good outcome. Yes, I had also thought about the issue of disease risk/vaccination status, when you had said that the previous bonder had tried Truffle with one of the does. I think you should try to put all of that experience behind you. Safe to say it's not someone you would recommend to anyone else.

How have they been more recently?

Tomorrow morning we are driving the boys an hour to the new bonder who works in an actual centre.

The original lady who was supposed to bond them but unfortunately has to cancel due to personal health reasons, has been very supportive with the issue we went through and encouragingly has heard of the place we are trying next, and they are good things she’s heard.

They asked us to bring their vac cards another thing I thought was strange the last person didn’t ask about.

I’m getting really worried and nervous about it after the way they were when I got them back last time. Praying for a better outcome x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be sending vibes for a good outcome too :)

I think it's really good that she asked for the vac cards. Means she takes rabbit health very seriously :thumb:

You so deserve some good luck, you really do xx

Sending loads of vibes for a good outcome. Yes, I had also thought about the issue of disease risk/vaccination status, when you had said that the previous bonder had tried Truffle with one of the does. I think you should try to put all of that experience behind you. Safe to say it's not someone you would recommend to anyone else.

How have they been more recently?

Thank you, I feel like we need a whole lot of vibes and luck. They are starting the process Monday morning but I’m taking them tomorrow because I think they will be better if they are a bit more at ease compared to last time.

Yes that’s exactly my thoughts, and it was unfortunately like 3/4 other rabbits she put him with, Truffle and Luther are up to date with RHD and myxo but Truffle has gone overdue after his 6 month RHD2, I got it done while I still worked in the vets because I could carry it but I opted out this time. Wish I hadn’t now because I have seen how much more prevalent it’s getting and I didn’t think about vacs and bonders.

Your right, I’m trying to get it all out my head from last time and write it off as a bad one off experience but I’m terrified of getting a shell shocked Truffle back and aggressive Luther again.

They have really improved, especially the last two days or so, minimal nipping/biting through the bars and it’s mostly Luther. Yesterday Truffle hinted he wanted the card privacy shield I put up gone and they have been pretty good and had dinner next to each other, I caught them loafing with their butts touching yesterday lol! At least I know they can recover, and this time should be nowhere near as traumatic.

Thank you for your support, it really helps! X

I will be sending vibes for a good outcome too :)

I think it's really good that she asked for the vac cards. Means she takes rabbit health very seriously :thumb:

You so deserve some good luck, you really do xx

Thank you, it really means a lot and calms me more knowing we have such wonderful support and caring people.

Yes that’s exactly what I thought although now I have seen recently how prevalent RHDV2 is becoming I’m a tad worried about Truffle going over his 6 month renewal. But I’m hoping it will be ok because it’s just him and Luther being put together so it’s minimal risk.

Thank you so much. I literally can’t begin to tell you the terrible luck we have had this year just in general let alone with the bunnies! Bring on 2018 we say!
The original lady also said she’s still really keen to try the boys in jan so we still have options if needed too xx

Thank you, it really means a lot and calms me more knowing we have such wonderful support and caring people.

Yes that’s exactly what I thought although now I have seen recently how prevalent RHDV2 is becoming I’m a tad worried about Truffle going over his 6 month renewal. But I’m hoping it will be ok because it’s just him and Luther being put together so it’s minimal risk.

Thank you so much. I literally can’t begin to tell you the terrible luck we have had this year just in general let alone with the bunnies! Bring on 2018 we say!
The original lady also said she’s still really keen to try the boys in jan so we still have options if needed too xx

Yes I can't say that 2017 has been the best year of my life either! :lol:

Do you normally give them the VHD2 vaccination every six months?

Yes I can't say that 2017 has been the best year of my life either! :lol:

Do you normally give them the VHD2 vaccination every six months?

Initially the vac was recommended every six months so I did it while I worked at the vets as I was worried about carrying it home. But I think now they say 6-12 so 6 if your rabbit is likely to come in contact with wild rabbits or goes into bunny boarding, 12 if you have minimal risk. But I’m no expert I have just started reading more on it as there are confirmed cases in Milton Keynes and Northampton, we live right in the middle x

Initially the vac was recommended every six months so I did it while I worked at the vets as I was worried about carrying it home. But I think now they say 6-12 so 6 if your rabbit is likely to come in contact with wild rabbits or goes into bunny boarding, 12 if you have minimal risk. But I’m no expert I have just started reading more on it as there are confirmed cases in Milton Keynes and Northampton, we live right in the middle x

The Filavac data sheet says that duration of immunity is 12 months.

There's no mention there about boosters at 6 months, but I know some people prefer to give the vaccine every six months, either because they feel they are in a high risk area, or on their vet's recommendation.

The Filavac data sheet says that duration of immunity is 12 months.

There's no mention there about boosters at 6 months, but I know some people prefer to give the vaccine every six months, either because they feel they are in a high risk area, or on their vet's recommendation.

Oh the vet lady said 6 months, and I thought that seemed a bit steep to be honest. That’s good to know, because that means Truffle is still immunised so I feel a bit better now *phew*!
Thank you :) x

Oh the vet lady said 6 months, and I thought that seemed a bit steep to be honest. That’s good to know, because that means Truffle is still immunised so I feel a bit better now *phew*!
Thank you :) x

You're welcome :D

Do keep me in touch with developments tomorrow. I shall be thinking of you, and .. well the boys mostly ;)

You're welcome :D

Do keep me in touch with developments tomorrow. I shall be thinking of you, and .. well the boys mostly ;)

Well tomorrow we are just dropping them off because I think it will go better if they can calm down a bit, I think it was just too overwhelming going straight into bonding. The start will Be Monday morning, which o think is good because Luther is very much a “morning bun” haha!

So tomorrow it’s a road trip for us followed by doing Christmas decorations to get our mind off things a bit :) but I will definitely keep updating as things happen x

Well tomorrow we are just dropping them off because I think it will go better if they can calm down a bit, I think it was just too overwhelming going straight into bonding. The start will Be Monday morning, which o think is good because Luther is very much a “morning bun” haha!

So tomorrow it’s a road trip for us followed by doing Christmas decorations to get our mind off things a bit :) but I will definitely keep updating as things happen x

Yes you said - sorry I forgot! :oops:

Peaceful decorating day at home tomorrow. Sleep well :)

Hope things work out this time, sending lots of bonding vibes xx

Thank you we really appreciate that. Us too, or at least I hope they won’t be so traumatised if they have to come home xx

Yes you said - sorry I forgot! :oops:

Peaceful decorating day at home tomorrow. Sleep well :)

Haha no worries, there’s a lot on my threads lol!

Thank you :)

We are on our way home from dropping them off. The lady who checked them In weighed them both and set them up in their own cages, Truffle was good as gold and she didn’t get mauled even she picked of his big ear scab.

The only thing I’m having a bit of a fret about (there has to be something with me lol), is they are staying in their office but it’s cold in there. I said would it be too cold as they are used to 15-20 degrees, the lady said they will each get a snuggle safe at night to keep warm. But I don’t know how easily they can get ill from the cold etc if they aren’t used to it as I know they aren’t good at regulating their body temperature :-/
Xx

Slight edit:

My nursie friend has told me they should be totally fine, the temp is more an issue bringing buns in from the cold and back outside. So I feel better now *phew* x

Nervously waiting with my phone glued to me for the potential dreaded phone call to say it’s not gone well.

I hate this bit! Trying to think positive thoughts and do other things to occupy my mind for now.....

Back