Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonder disaster

How are they with the cats now?

I'd consider putting the pen across so they have their current bit + around the corner where the sink etc is.

If not, you could consider cleaning the spare room again and moving them up there?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I'm doing the Race For Life 5k in aid of Cancer Research on the 8th July. If you'd like to sponsor me, please do at the following link: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.o...e-for-life-204

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    How are they with the cats now?

I'd consider putting the pen across so they have their current bit + around the corner where the sink etc is.

If not, you could consider cleaning the spare room again and moving them up there?

They both seem to be happy sniffing the cats through the bars, Luther was very upset when Flash went into the pen and chased him out (before I blockaded the cats from being able to get in. Truffle only seemed annoyed when I fussed the cats near the pen, but I think itís just miss placed because Truffle wishes he could be out too, so I stopped that now.

The cats are very interested when they hear the bunnies rustling or jumping around and pretend to run over to ďattackĒ but this is only because the rabbits are caged, they have no interest when the bunnies are free.

Yeah thatís what I was thinking, if I work it out so they are back in the hutch at animals dinner time the pen can move away a bit so we get the kitchen back. Thank you :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, omg, omg, omg, omg!!!!

I just caught Truffle grooming Lutherís head and face!!

Had to contain myself to sneak away and do a happy dance!

Does that mean they are nearly 100% friends?
    So happy right now <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by truffpuff View Post
    omg, omg, omg, omg, omg!!!!

I just caught truffle grooming lutherís head and face!!

Had to contain myself to sneak away and do a happy dance!

Does that mean they are nearly 100% friends?
    So happy right now <3 <3

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

Warren Veteran

How lovely, you must be over the moon. I'd certainly take it as a very positive sign

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    How lovely, you must be over the moon. I'd certainly take it as a very positive sign
    I really am!

Itís strange that Truffle seems to be the dominant bun though, but heís the one licking Luther. I thought the boss bun was always the grooming receiver.
    Unless Luther still just hasnít built the confidence yet to lick ďthe bossĒ.

But Iím just thrilled I finally witnessed it after my OH saying heís seen it twice recently but I was too late lol!

It's certainly a positive sign. It's safe to say you've successfully bonded them x

I'm doing the Race For Life 5k in aid of Cancer Research on the 8th July. If you'd like to sponsor me, please do at the following link: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.o...e-for-life-204

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    It's certainly a positive sign. It's safe to say you've successfully bonded them x

Yay!!
    Iím so happy! I still have to pinch myself that itís all real.
    Thank you x

So after a week of having the pen stay the same (because my OH was working lates and I needed help to move it), we gave the boys a bit more room today.

So far so good. Just seem quite excited to explore this new area and I even caught a few seconds of a groom on camera :-D
    There was a bit of naughtiness last night when I started scattering their dinner, Truffle grunted at and chased Luther. But that lasted all of 2 seconds and Luther came out again and both happily munched together.

Next stage will be a big one because we are running out of pen, so the last panel will have to go over to the left where the bin is, which will give them the whole kitchen area (we have a kitchen diner so itís not the entire room), so that will be a big day!

You've done incredibly well. The behaviour you described at dinner time is the same I get with the girls. It's just reestablish who is boss and who gets first dibs