Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonder disaster

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    You are amazing with these boys.

I must say, you're a true inspiration. To all those who might have thought you should call time on this, you believed in yourself and them.

Congratulations
    Aww thank you so much, thatís a really lovely thing to say!

I must admit, I do feel pretty good that our instincts were right in the end and we ignored the doubters. I couldnít have found the strength without all the help on here too!

Thank you :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

All still going well?

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    All still going well?
    Hi Omi,
    Sorry the silly app doesnít seem to want to send me notifications anymore!

Yes all has been the same since giving them the bottom of the hutch. Yesterday I also gave them the last bit up the top which is like a little cubby hole, so now they have the whole hutch.
    But both are happy going up and down the ramp and have been sleeping near each other still, but also having some alone time too. Sharing food fine too, both are wanting to push their way into the world now though lol!

I tried to take a picture of all the space they have now :-)
    We were thinking of waiting till next week before letting them have a bit of space to come out perhaps x

Aww lovely to hear this update.

Hi guys,

I know your all probably super busy with Christmas being literally round the corner, but I have a quick question.

So the downstairs part of the hutch has a cat litter tray (both bunnies put their butt up when they wee so high sides mean it stays in the tray) and I had one of those corner litter trays in the section they have just been let into which is like a cubby hole, no mesh on the door front. The idea was that they would continue to lay up the top layer and in the cubby hole so they are close.

But Luther is spending a lot of time sleeping in the litter tray or down the bottom. Truffle sleeps mostly upstairs but some occasions they do swap.

I donít know if this is all ok or if I should do something or rearrange the hutch to encourage them to spend more time together.
    I could put the cat tray in the cubby hole where they spend the least time so hopefully they sleep downstairs together?

Or am I just worrying too much? :-/ I just donít want the bond to break down, but when they are together they act normal so maybe when we move on to the next stage where they can get out the hutch a bit they will Be together more x

Wise Old Thumper

Hi, thanks for the pics Super boys

Regarding your question, I think it sounds perfectly OK if things are happy between them when they are together. My intinct would tell me not to re-arrange things.

I think you'll find that once they have more room and are out of the hutch, the dynamics might change. That'll be the final hurdle won't it, when they are given lots more space

Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    Hi guys,

I know your all probably super busy with Christmas being literally round the corner, but I have a quick question.

So the downstairs part of the hutch has a cat litter tray (both bunnies put their butt up when they wee so high sides mean it stays in the tray) and I had one of those corner litter trays in the section they have just been let into which is like a cubby hole, no mesh on the door front. The idea was that they would continue to lay up the top layer and in the cubby hole so they are close.

But Luther is spending a lot of time sleeping in the litter tray or down the bottom. Truffle sleeps mostly upstairs but some occasions they do swap.

I donít know if this is all ok or if I should do something or rearrange the hutch to encourage them to spend more time together.
    I could put the cat tray in the cubby hole where they spend the least time so hopefully they sleep downstairs together?

Or am I just worrying too much? :-/ I just donít want the bond to break down, but when they are together they act normal so maybe when we move on to the next stage where they can get out the hutch a bit they will Be together more x

No, you're not worrying too much. You want this to work!

All bonded rabbits behave differently. Usually a bonded male and female will want to snuggle together most of the time. It may be that your boys don't ever develop that closeness, but that's OK. You've got them to peaceably share a hutch, which is believe me a major achievement!

I hope you can try to stress less over them, as being positive (as you have been) I am sure has contributed to your success
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

Don't worry about it. They're being perfectly normal and don't worry about rearranging everything.

You'll find once it's opened up they'll spend a bit more time together. Note once they get room out the hutch they may have a few hurdles to cross but it'll all be okay x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I'm doing the Race For Life 5k in aid of Cancer Research on the 8th July. If you'd like to sponsor me, please do at the following link: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.o...e-for-life-204

Thank you all so much for getting back to me

Like you guys have suggested I left the set up as it was and actually they have surprised me and spent more time together. They have been laying down together both up and downstairs in the hutch, but also taking some alone time too.

I donít expect them to ever be too loved up but I think I need to remember how far they have come, and try to be a bit less paranoid!

You have all been amazing to us the last few months. I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas break, you deserve it!
    Anything else super cute and I will be sure to post up pics :-)

And DP, I wonít lie, the next stage does have me a bit worried I must admit so we are waiting till after Christmas Day/Boxing Day before moving on. But we have got this far so Iím staying positive and have faith in our boys :-D x

Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    Thank you all so much for getting back to me

Like you guys have suggested I left the set up as it was and actually they have surprised me and spent more time together. They have been laying down together both up and downstairs in the hutch, but also taking some alone time too.

I donít expect them to ever be too loved up but I think I need to remember how far they have come, and try to be a bit less paranoid!

You have all been amazing to us the last few months. I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas break, you deserve it!
    Anything else super cute and I will be sure to post up pics :-)

And DP, I wonít lie, the next stage does have me a bit worried I must admit so we are waiting till after Christmas Day/Boxing Day before moving on. But we have got this far so Iím staying positive and have faith in our boys :-D x

And on a more positive note, you could change the title of your thread to something like .....

Bonding progress .. or Great Expectations
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018