• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonder disaster

Thank you :) I think it’s fascinating that herbs can do such good.

Aww I’m so glad you think so!
I caught them doing this earlier too which melted my heart. I just hope I can bring Luther back round to loving me again one day, he won’t come near me anymore. But I’m trying not to let it get to me because it’s more important he solidifies his love with Truffle first :)

We are going to expand the “outdoor” space by one pen panel on Sat as long as they are nice to each other still

a518faeeebe66079078ba1150d94fedf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look adorable together!! So glad it's going well!! We too have had a few lunges and nips but nothing serious touch wood. Tonight day 7 we are all sat on the bathroom floor nibbling hay and exploring as it's a new area they haven't been in. No more cleaning from Milo yet they tend to ignore each other but bailey still cleans the newbie

Well today was the day we decided it was time to extend the “outdoor” space this morning. I did it when it was their breakfast time so scattered pellets would be a bit of a distraction, but they have been perfectly fine so far!

The only ‘issue’ we need to sort out is to get a bit of old carpet to replace the paw print blanket you can see, because it’s not heavy enough so when they hop or get excited it just slips away, so we raided the shed for some more off cuts :)
But happy bunnies all round so far <3

4a8b687009a227b5b08d818162478df4.jpg

75c4d93bfbadce7a25b9c788cd07f2e5.jpg

2ab4b5d7e94821af8cba5945b51612b3.jpg

Have to say it looks like job well done to me :D They've decided it's far nicer being friends. Importantly Luther has decided that Truffle is quite a good buddy after all :D

Well today was the day we decided it was time to extend the “outdoor” space this morning. I did it when it was their breakfast time so scattered pellets would be a bit of a distraction, but they have been perfectly fine so far!

The only ‘issue’ we need to sort out is to get a bit of old carpet to replace the paw print blanket you can see, because it’s not heavy enough so when they hop or get excited it just slips away, so we raided the shed for some more off cuts :)
But happy bunnies all round so far <3

Happy bunnies, all of you, indeed!

Love the paw print blanket :love:

Perfect!
I think it's safe to say you're out the woods and in no time they'll be hopping around their entire space together.

You've done an absolutely amazing job!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Perfect!
I think it's safe to say you're out the woods and in no time they'll be hopping around their entire space together.

Yes, just goes to show the power of persistence - not giving up and believing in your buns :D

I think we can all take a lesson from you TruffPuff x

Have to say it looks like job well done to me :D They've decided it's far nicer being friends. Importantly Luther has decided that Truffle is quite a good buddy after all :D

Aww thank you!

Haha yes I think they both realised actually the other is ok. I can tell Luther on occasion is dying for Truffle to lick him, so Luther casually smushes his face near Truffle when Truffle is grooming himself lol!

There’s still the odd jealous chase by Truffle when he thinks I’m doing something (even when I’m not), but nothing too horrendous :)

Happy bunnies, all of you, indeed!

Love the paw print blanket :love:

Yes, just goes to show the power of persistence - not giving up and believing in your buns :D

I think we can all take a lesson from you TruffPuff x

Haha thank you, I have a few in different colours that were donated to me by one of my old dog walking clients, they come in really useful!

Aww thank you that’s so sweet! I don’t think we are a shining example of bonding, but I do like to think as you say, we have given hope to others :) x

Perfect!

Ahh thank you so much, your so kind!
There is the odd Truffle charge at Luther when Truffle thinks I’m going to do something that he has to see first (even if I’m not and just near the run for a short period lol).

We have put more carpet bits down now so it’s less slippy for them when they get excited. I think I have enough room to let the pen out by one more panel, but I’m not sure what to do after that. I could pen off half the kitchen, but that would be a bit of an issue for the cats.....I have taken a picture of the pen now, and how much kitchen is left to see what might be best (please excuse the mess we have been house/dog sitting at a friends house).

ad1ee653acc98d7cd972803261b55434.jpg

a5d2bad12538211475474ba0445a273a.jpg

8b2678b3539083eec7039cfe9b6b9ca6.jpg

953ab51e0e3cff0ca5fa5a2e24b185a7.jpg

How are they with the cats now?

I'd consider putting the pen across so they have their current bit + around the corner where the sink etc is.

If not, you could consider cleaning the spare room again and moving them up there?

How are they with the cats now?

I'd consider putting the pen across so they have their current bit + around the corner where the sink etc is.

If not, you could consider cleaning the spare room again and moving them up there?

They both seem to be happy sniffing the cats through the bars, Luther was very upset when Flash went into the pen and chased him out (before I blockaded the cats from being able to get in. Truffle only seemed annoyed when I fussed the cats near the pen, but I think it’s just miss placed because Truffle wishes he could be out too, so I stopped that now.

The cats are very interested when they hear the bunnies rustling or jumping around and pretend to run over to “attack” but this is only because the rabbits are caged, they have no interest when the bunnies are free.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking, if I work it out so they are back in the hutch at animals dinner time the pen can move away a bit so we get the kitchen back. Thank you :)

OMG, omg, omg, omg, omg!!!!

I just caught Truffle grooming Luther’s head and face!!

Had to contain myself to sneak away and do a happy dance!

Does that mean they are nearly 100% friends?
So happy right now <3 <3

omg, omg, omg, omg, omg!!!!

I just caught truffle grooming luther’s head and face!!

Had to contain myself to sneak away and do a happy dance!

Does that mean they are nearly 100% friends?
So happy right now <3 <3

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

:D

How lovely, you must be over the moon. I'd certainly take it as a very positive sign

I really am!

It’s strange that Truffle seems to be the dominant bun though, but he’s the one licking Luther. I thought the boss bun was always the grooming receiver.
Unless Luther still just hasn’t built the confidence yet to lick “the boss”.

But I’m just thrilled I finally witnessed it after my OH saying he’s seen it twice recently but I was too late lol!

It's certainly a positive sign. It's safe to say you've successfully bonded them :) x

So after a week of having the pen stay the same (because my OH was working lates and I needed help to move it), we gave the boys a bit more room today.

So far so good. Just seem quite excited to explore this new area and I even caught a few seconds of a groom on camera :-D
There was a bit of naughtiness last night when I started scattering their dinner, Truffle grunted at and chased Luther. But that lasted all of 2 seconds and Luther came out again and both happily munched together.

Next stage will be a big one because we are running out of pen, so the last panel will have to go over to the left where the bin is, which will give them the whole kitchen area (we have a kitchen diner so it’s not the entire room), so that will be a big day!

5188ce82cb74bd7b2a2a41c5bcc16a50.jpg

e5e35f057efc9c2f413e804a3df232d0.jpg

268c6fcc4dbe826cdad83d9215be33d5.jpg

You've done incredibly well. The behaviour you described at dinner time is the same I get with the girls. It's just reestablish who is boss and who gets first dibs ;)

Back