• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonder disaster

That's why we wet the bottom of the bath before we put bunnies in as it makes them groom and sometimes they decide to groom each other. All 3 were in the bath for about 2 hours yesterday so going to do the same today at some point

My girls didn't groom while bonding but I continued with the space increasing. Just reduced space again if they started scuffling.

It's most likely he's being funny with you because he's in the hutch. You'll probably find once they have more space again he'll improve.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

My girls didn't groom while bonding but I continued with the space increasing. Just reduced space again if they started scuffling.

It's most likely he's being funny with you because he's in the hutch. You'll probably find once they have more space again he'll improve.

Ahhh ok. That makes me feel better! It’s hard to know what the normal rate of bonding behaviour is etc, I mean at the moment they do seem to like and tolerate each other but a few times when food time comes Truffle has thrown his weight around a bit. I had to tell him off this evening because he was being a bit of a bully, not letting Luther out of the cupboard side to get a treat because he wanted it.

But I’m sure with coming out the hutch the dynamic will change again and they will both spend more time down the bottom and out the hutch.
Yeah I hope your right. He seems to do this, I love you one week then suddenly I’m the wicked witch of the west lol. He’s a funny bunny. But daddy is always on their good side, even though I’m primary carer and food giver lol! Not that I’m bitter ;-) haha!

Thank you x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So today was the day, we decided it was time to give the boys a bit of space outside the hutch.

They were both not sure at first (as I have been battling to keep them both in there at dinner times!). There were a few moments where it looked like trouble might happen, because again they need to get used to how each other moves with more space, but nothing has kicked off so far.

Both have been having short periods of excitement having bigger hips like they are thinking about having a binky <3 they have been passing each other fine, munching and laying down in and out the hutch.

It’s so nice to see them having a bit of a stretch and some exercise after being cooped up!! X

cec941f8f170343a08d47d1f94ee90fb.jpg

67389a4260d3e07948f724dff3b41332.jpg

21c06cc3063f3d03e9d518a3a41cc950.jpg

d64b40280071c78eea660149acc41fec.jpg

Wonderful photos. It looks like all your effort is paying off.

It all sounds like normal dominant bunny behaviour to me regarding treats etc so don't worry about it xx

we all knew you could bond them :)

Wonderful photos. It looks like all your effort is paying off.

It all sounds like normal dominant bunny behaviour to me regarding treats etc so don't worry about it xx

we all knew you could bond them :)

Aw thank you.
Yes I think your totally right, I’m trying to enjoy as much as I can - the progress we have made and how far we have all come. I find it hard to shake the niggle at the back of my mind that it could kick off at any time, but I think I’m getting better lol!

Aww thank you [emoji4] x
(Just a few more to show you them hanging out, now they are both sitting like the last pic.....fast asleep sitting up haha!)

ed6f95fa437bd3330958c82e86f122c1.jpg

50bcce847630dfd0282c7d470a6bda86.jpg

294014e7927bc721a3f21fddec3a24f8.jpg

I really am loving all your photos :love: :love: :love:

All your hard work and dedication is paying off.

What a wonderful Christmas and New Year's pressie! :D

I really am loving all your photos :love: :love: :love:

All your hard work and dedication is paying off.

What a wonderful Christmas and New Year's pressie! :D

Aw I’m so glad!

I know, a month ago I couldn’t dream of being where we are now - sometimes I still have to pinch myself!
It really is the best gift ever, and hopefully the start of a great and much improved 2018 :) x

So glad it is all working out so well:thumb:

Thank you so much Zoobec [emoji4]

They definitely look like a pair of happy, comfortable rabbits.

Aww yay! I’m so glad you think so. I hope now they aren’t quite in each other’s faces so much for part of the day, they will realise they actually quite like each other’s company and get closer :)

Last edited:
So glad they are getting on. Mine have had date 3 today slow progress with small scuffles but they seem to be taking more of an interest in each other and are eating pellets right next to each other so hoping they start to fall in love soon

Brilliant pics :D

What's that saying, "If at first you don't succeed, try try again" :)

So which pic of the "nasty" rabbit are you going to send to the inadequate bonder?:lol:

So glad they are getting on. Mine have had date 3 today slow progress with small scuffles but they seem to be taking more of an interest in each other and are eating pellets right next to each other so hoping they start to fall in love soon

Aw that’s great news! Well done you and the bunnies.
It sounds really positive that they are having less scuffles and are starting to want to get to know each other.

Yes I have been told food can be a very useful tool in both a bit of a distraction and as something social for them to do together. Keep up the good work!

Brilliant pics :D

What's that saying, "If at first you don't succeed, try try again" :)

So which pic of the "nasty" rabbit are you going to send to the inadequate bonder?:lol:

Aww thank you :-D

Yes, I definitely think we are living proof of that saying haha!

Lol!! I was saying yesterday to my OH I am really tempted but I can’t think of a way without sounding like a complete a** but it makes me feel sick I gave her £20!

How are the handsome boys doing?

Definitely worth sending a picture to the first bonder you used... I'd be interested to know her response.

How are the handsome boys doing?

Definitely worth sending a picture to the first bonder you used... I'd be interested to know her response.

Erm, well yesterday after having a good day with them having space out the hutch on Friday, yesterday afternoon Truffle suddenly got a bit funny and occasionally tried to nip Luther’s bum when he passed. This continued a bit so we ended up shutting them inside for the evening.

Today all was fine, but about 10 mins ago I thought I’d give them a treat each, I was giving them a treat at the same time and Truffle decided Luther wasn’t allowed anywhere near so lunged at him. Then both decided they didn’t want the treats anyway, but Truffle then still continued to lunge at Luther’s face. Truffle was in the litter tray outside the hutch and Truffle hopped to sniff him and Truffle chased him into the hutch, I sprayed Truffle to tell him it’s naughty and shut them both in. They are now both flopped one at the top of the hutch, one at the bottom, in a grump.

So I think treats are a no no for now. Whoops :-/
Hopefully they calm down because I don’t want to have to keep them in the hutch 24/7 again.

Yeah it does keep entering my mind, maybe I will lol. I’m sure she will have some sort or excuse or smart comment x

Back