• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonder disaster

You've done incredibly well. The behaviour you described at dinner time is the same I get with the girls. It's just reestablish who is boss and who gets first dibs ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Aw thank you :)
Ahh that’s ok then. I thought it might be because I was being to slow getting it ready and dishing it out hahaha!!

I introduced some slightly more valuable toys other than toilet tubes, small box and an egg box, there’s been no possessive behaviour so that’s good. The only other thing is the last few days at the end of the day Truffle “chases” I mean very slowly follows Luther around and looks like he perhaps wants to mount, but Luther is far to speedy and wise to it. Is that to be expected because they haven’t quite decided who’s boss or Truffle is just making sure Luther knows his place? Truffle used to do it sometimes to the cats too but Flash is very soppy so often just lay there and took it (poor cat) lol. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful :D:wave:

I love your mop and vacuum cleaner waiting there, handy and at the ready :thumb:

Hahaha! Yeah me and Sam thought “it’s going to be so much cleaner and easier having them on tiles than the living room carpet” but no, just as messy lol! At least it’s easier to clear up though.

I’m trying to convince the OH to let me get a new Hoover, this one barely takes up bunny poops! X

Aw thank you :)
Ahh that’s ok then. I thought it might be because I was being to slow getting it ready and dishing it out hahaha!!

I introduced some slightly more valuable toys other than toilet tubes, small box and an egg box, there’s been no possessive behaviour so that’s good. The only other thing is the last few days at the end of the day Truffle “chases” I mean very slowly follows Luther around and looks like he perhaps wants to mount, but Luther is far to speedy and wise to it. Is that to be expected because they haven’t quite decided who’s boss or Truffle is just making sure Luther knows his place? Truffle used to do it sometimes to the cats too but Flash is very soppy so often just lay there and took it (poor cat) lol. X

He's just making sure. Daphne tends to wait until Phoebe is laying down for a snuggle before very slowly moving into position [emoji38]

He's just making sure. Daphne tends to wait until Phoebe is laying down for a snuggle before very slowly moving into position [emoji38]

Haha! Sneaky [emoji23]
I think if Truffle ever actually got on Luther he would tell Truffle what’s what lol.
Although Truffle went for a head mount yesterday so I told him not to (I have seen what happened to a bunny who did that, he lost he penis! :-/ )

Haha! Sneaky [emoji23]
I think if Truffle ever actually got on Luther he would tell Truffle what’s what lol.
Although Truffle went for a head mount yesterday so I told him not to (I have seen what happened to a bunny who did that, he lost he penis! :-/ )

Phoebe often gets head humped.... She just reverses before running away although the first time she did give a little nip.

I agree with Daphne. My lot go wild at pellet scattering time. Frosty will cheerfully nip the others out of the way!

I agree with Daphne. My lot go wild at pellet scattering time. Frosty will cheerfully nip the others out of the way!

Ah that’s good to know. It’s always so reassuring others have done it too.

Dinner time seems to have settled down now, I think Truffle maybe realised Luther running away lasted all of two seconds before coming out and joining in again.

The only bad thing the last few days is, I noticed the normal confetti created by Luther from card and egg boxes, isn’t around the cage. So I think he’s eating it :-/ do I have to take them away?

It is all sounding very calm and settled :D Well done:thumb:

Thank you :-D
We are so utterly happy with them and myself and my OH still bounce around with excitement when they have positive interactions <3 hehe!

Omg I just read about yours cleaning of each other!! Yay!! I felt the same when I saw it the first time. My bunnies are currently at a rabbit sitter as I'm away and she has successfully bonded them to the point they are now living together permanently! She said she's seen them all cleaning each other too! So we also have a success story &#55357;&#56399;&#55357;&#56399; can't wait to see them all together when I get home! Need to set about building a rabbit room now!

Omg I just read about yours cleaning of each other!! Yay!! I felt the same when I saw it the first time. My bunnies are currently at a rabbit sitter as I'm away and she has successfully bonded them to the point they are now living together permanently! She said she's seen them all cleaning each other too! So we also have a success story í*½í±�í*½í±� can't wait to see them all together when I get home! Need to set about building a rabbit room now!

Aww bless you. I just couldn’t believe it, I thought it would be months before any grooming started because they are an odd couple. I find I do get paranoid still though, like today they spent a lot of time away from each other today so I panicked a bit that they were going off each other. But they seem fine now.

Ahhh that’s so exciting! You will definitely have to post pics of your bunny room when it’s done! :-D

I'm absolutely thrilled at how well you and the boys have done! [emoji3] Just goes to show you should always trust your gut instincts and you never gave up on them. [emoji3]

Aww bless you. I just couldn’t believe it, I thought it would be months before any grooming started because they are an odd couple. I find I do get paranoid still though, like today they spent a lot of time away from each other today so I panicked a bit that they were going off each other. But they seem fine now.

Ahhh that’s so exciting! You will definitely have to post pics of your bunny room when it’s done! :-D

So exciting!

You kept the faith. I will think of what you achieved during my next bonding :D

I'm so happy this has worked out for you, I've been quietly following your long journey from the start. Don't worry about them choosing to be apart for short periods - mine do this but then normal service is resumed. It doesn't mean they've had a fall out or changed their minds about being friends.[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I'm absolutely thrilled at how well you and the boys have done! [emoji3] Just goes to show you should always trust your gut instincts and you never gave up on them. [emoji3]

Aww thank you so much :-D
Yeah, that’s something I have definitely learned through this process is if you have a feeling, go with it!

Next stage is the bigger test because I have run out of pen to manoeuvre to give them a small addition to their area, they will have most of the kitchen. Hopefully they just get excited about being able to run around more :)

So exciting!

You kept the faith. I will think of what you achieved during my next bonding :D

Aww that’s really sweet. I hope it’s much quicker than our when you do though 5 months (so far) is a long time! Lol. Lucky I haven’t been having to work in that time too x

I'm so happy this has worked out for you, I've been quietly following your long journey from the start. Don't worry about them choosing to be apart for short periods - mine do this but then normal service is resumed. It doesn't mean they've had a fall out or changed their minds about being friends.[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Aww thank you :) it’s nice knowing people have stuck with us through this incredibly long process.

That’s good to know, thank you. I think I’m a bit overly paranoid because we have come so far and I don’t want it to go wrong now. I think I need to stress less lol!

my bunnies have always enjoyed a little time apart each day. i'm so pleased you & the bunnies made it - I always believed you would

my bunnies have always enjoyed a little time apart each day. i'm so pleased you & the bunnies made it - I always believed you would

Aw that’s good, I guess I would want a bit of time to myself too if I had to live in small quarters with someone 24/7 haha!

Ahhh thank you so much, that’s so kind of you to say <3

Back