• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonder disaster

I would be very encouraged by this :) I'm disappointed that they had to separate them at night, as I would have thought it might have prolonged the overall process, but at least there's no harm done and it's better to have done this than to have had no-one capable to watch them.

I assume you have an absolutely neutral area to put them in for the weekend? You've also got the rest of today and all of tomorrow to cement the bond and calm things down. I also think dp's suggestion of continuing with the bonder next week is good.

I think it's cautiously positive :)

Everytime this thread is updated I get really excited & nervous - god only knows how you feel. I am in awe with your patience. I totally understand why communication is minimal but I'd personally be chewing my hands off :lol: It wouldn't really be of much help to get bits of info now - you know how we are all prone to over analysis with all things rabbit. Working on the assumption no news is good news I hope the next update is that they are more confident of them getting there eventually.

Maybe you should update you thread title to reflect the positivity you, I & others have that this one will not be a disaster

Sorry for some reason my phone hadn’t been telling me you guys have replied today!

Yeah that’s exactly how I am on the inside but I try and keep it in and trust the experienced people know what they are doing, it’s been hard I won’t lie with many bedtime tears.

I would but I don’t think I can from my phone, I tried hard on another one of my threads and couldn’t find a way via the app :-/ and indeed the update (above) was good but brings new worries and anxiety. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just about to come and ask for an update!

Could they take them back after the weekend to continue the bonding?
It sounds really positive and it sounds like they just needed someone who could withstand watching all the dominance/defensive behaviours. It's never easy and takes a certain kind of strong to cope with it x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sorry I haven’t been getting all your replies till now :-(

I don’t know, my OH called but the man there apparently is going to call me tomorrow to go through it all etc. I can ask but annoyingly it is an hour away so I don’t know if that’s not great plus it’s really cold there so they will be going from outdoor temp, to 15-20 degrees back again to outdoor temps.

Just more for me to worry and obsess about lol!
Yes I think your right, I just needed to find the right people to “deal with” Truffle the “not nice, unbondable bunny” x

I would be very encouraged by this :) I'm disappointed that they had to separate them at night, as I would have thought it might have prolonged the overall process, but at least there's no harm done and it's better to have done this than to have had no-one capable to watch them.

I assume you have an absolutely neutral area to put them in for the weekend? You've also got the rest of today and all of tomorrow to cement the bond and calm things down. I also think dp's suggestion of continuing with the bonder next week is good.

I think it's cautiously positive :)

Yes I’m not sure what the separation was about when I was told a lady does a night shift and sleeps with them. But at least it’s all moved forward in the right direction finally.

The area we are putting them in is truffles old hutch which is made of a converted cabinet unit, but I have over the last few months used pet stain, pet Oder remover and finally vinegar so it smells of nothing. Plus we have moved it into the kitchen (although he doesn’t seem to recognise his own territory anymore anyway).

Yeah I can ask, but I would worry about the long journey, getting them in the carrier because Truffle flips out, and drastic temp changes to fast :-/
I don’t know, it’s really hard because they aren’t as far along as I would like before coming home. X

I had to separate my poppets at night for a while, there was no chance of sleeping on the job. Good luck with next decisions

I had to separate my poppets at night for a while, there was no chance of sleeping on the job. Good luck with next decisions

Thank you :)
Yes that’s what I’m worried about is us being ready to deal with them at this stage in their bonding. We are thinking of moving our mattress downstairs or something perhaps so we are nearby at night.
It’s hard because it’s great news, but still not quite there....

Yes that’s what I’m worried about is us being ready to deal with them at this stage in their bonding. We are thinking of moving our mattress downstairs or something perhaps so we are nearby at night.
It’s hard because it’s great news, but still not quite there....

You seem to be still having a tough time with the bonding - nothing seems straight forward for you all, does it?

Sending loads of vibes for you all. I really, really hope this works out :D

So I’m trying to think up questions for when he calls tomorrow, this is what I have so far;

1. What happens as soon as we get home?
The “hutch” has two layers, can they have both or do we need to restrict to one level?

2. Cats ok to be seen, or too much for them at first? Can use puppy pen in front with a blanket as a shield if needed.
Do cats need to sleep somewhere else?

3. How to feed them? Where?

4. Litter tray ok? One?
Is noise ok, I.e. Christmas?

5. Can they have them back Monday if the bond isn’t strong enough or breaks down?

6. Next steps on how to proceed?

7. What do we do if they fight? How do we pre spot it?

I’m getting really anxious about getting them back now, I know it doesn’t help :-/

You seem to be still having a tough time with the bonding - nothing seems straight forward for you all, does it?

Sending loads of vibes for you all. I really, really hope this works out :D

I know right!! We just don’t seem to have much luck. Thing is I don’t want it to go wrong because of us, when I know we are rubbish and inexperienced which is why we asked the pros xx

Confidence goes a long way :)

I really hope you can make it work. If anyone deserves to, it's you! x

I know, that’s what I’m worried about haha! I’m going to have to try and “man up” about it because I know they can read my anxiety.

Aww thank you that’s so sweet! I hope so too. But at the very least if it breaks down because they come home too soon, we know it’s possible and that lady was wrong - Truffle is not nasty or unbondable :) xx

I know, that’s what I’m worried about haha! I’m going to have to try and “man up” about it because I know they can read my anxiety.

Aww thank you that’s so sweet! I hope so too. But at the very least if it breaks down because they come home too soon, we know it’s possible and that lady was wrong - Truffle is not nasty or unbondable :) xx

Absolutely :) Sending my best wishes for the next stage.

Wouldn't it be fun to send your first bonder a photo of your nasty & unbondable (as if) bunny all loved up. Try not to feel overwhelmed - easier said than done I know. Eeek I so want this to work for you all - & I still have faith

Thank you :-D
I wish I had your confidence lol [emoji38] x

Just a message away if you want an extra person there to provide cake to eat... cake always helps with stress ;) lol

Wouldn't it be fun to send your first bonder a photo of your nasty & unbondable (as if) bunny all loved up. Try not to feel overwhelmed - easier said than done I know. Eeek I so want this to work for you all - & I still have faith

You know what I have totally thought about it!! Haha! I said to Sam last night shall we send her a Christmas card with their pic on the front lol! I would love to but unless it’s heat of the moment I can’t be mean :p I just get to smile because she was wrong and we were all right.
Thank you, yeah your right it’s hard but I think I’m going to have to try and take myself out as the mummy and train my brain to think bonder so I’m less scared about it (again easily said haha!).

Aww thank you so much. Everyone’s support really means a lot to me!

Just a message away if you want an extra person there to provide cake to eat... cake always helps with stress ;) lol

Oh my goodness what an offer! You know how to sweet talk haha!

I wish I could sent you all a Christmas gift or card to thank you all for being so amazing! X

Loads and loads of bonding vibes for when the boys come home this weekend.

I know they're coming back a bit earlier than you'd have liked but I would be really encouraged by the bonder's report. It sounds like they don't hate each other, they just need to get used to each others' little "quirks". And it sounds as though they've already started to do that. I certainly found that my pair learned to become a lot more tolerant of their friend's annoying little habits!

Back