Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonder disaster

Warren Veteran

I hope you get a really positive update this morning. Sending lots more vibes.

Any news?

Warren Scout

Thank you Omi and MM :-)

No news yet this morning, although I get the feeling I need to ask for it and they will only give news if itís bad without prompting.

I just donít want to ask too much if there isnít much change because itís going to be a slow process :-/

Iím also a bit worried to ask especially after having bad dreams about it last night, as silly as that sounds x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    Thank you Omi and MM :-)

No news yet this morning, although I get the feeling I need to ask for it and they will only give news if itís bad without prompting.

I just donít want to ask too much if there isnít much change because itís going to be a slow process :-/

Iím also a bit worried to ask especially after having bad dreams about it last night, as silly as that sounds x

No, not silly at all!

However, with a potentially difficult bond it may be that they are waiting for the bigger picture to emerge. They may want to leave things rumbling along, but not raise or dash your hopes prematurely with news that could change. You know what rabbits are like!

More vibes! x

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    No, not silly at all!

However, with a potentially difficult bond it may be that they are waiting for the bigger picture to emerge. They may want to leave things rumbling along, but not raise or dash your hopes prematurely with news that could change. You know what rabbits are like!

More vibes! x
    Yeah thatís what I was thinking, I donít know if much would have changed since yesterday, but itís good I havenít had contact to say itís gone horribly wrong so thatís good. I think with ďnormalĒ bonds they are complete in 3-4 days then handed back Thursday/Friday so owners have more time with the buns when they get back, so I might hear more tomorrow anyway.

Thank you xx

Warren Veteran

Hope you hear some good news today.

Everytime this thread is updated I get really excited & nervous - god only knows how you feel. I am in awe with your patience. I totally understand why communication is minimal but I'd personally be chewing my hands off It wouldn't really be of much help to get bits of info now - you know how we are all prone to over analysis with all things rabbit. Working on the assumption no news is good news I hope the next update is that they are more confident of them getting there eventually.

Maybe you should update you thread title to reflect the positivity you, I & others have that this one will not be a disaster

Warren Scout

Thank you Omi :-)

So I was too nervous to ask so my OH gave the bonders a call on his break. It sounded like a very quick rundown but this is what heís told me from their quick chat.

The first day (or days Iím unsure) they had to be separated at night.

Lutherís skittish attitude and movements keep setting Truffle off, but thereís no fighting just pulling bum hair out.

Truffle is slowly now getting used to that just being Luther and how he is (fast and skittish) and Truffle is calming down more and Luther is getting less excited by the situation.

They are doing good and he sounded positive, however heís not comfortable having them over the weekend there because they only have volunteers, which is a responsible attitude. He says they will be fine to come home, Iím not sure because it sounds like they are only just getting there and need a few more days, but I obviously canít leave them unsupervised by volunteers.

Iím not sure what to do next.
    But Iím in shock at how well they have done and Iím certain itís because of you all willing us on and sending your vibes! X

Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    Thank you Omi :-)

So I was too nervous to ask so my OH gave the bonders a call on his break. It sounded like a very quick rundown but this is what heís told me from their quick chat.

The first day (or days Iím unsure) they had to be separated at night.

Lutherís skittish attitude and movements keep setting Truffle off, but thereís no fighting just pulling bum hair out.

Truffle is slowly now getting used to that just being Luther and how he is (fast and skittish) and Truffle is calming down more and Luther is getting less excited by the situation.

They are doing good and he sounded positive, however heís not comfortable having them over the weekend there because they only have volunteers, which is a responsible attitude. He says they will be fine to come home, Iím not sure because it sounds like they are only just getting there and need a few more days, but I obviously canít leave them unsupervised by volunteers.

Iím not sure what to do next.
    But Iím in shock at how well they have done and Iím certain itís because of you all willing us on and sending your vibes! X

I was just about to come and ask for an update!

Could they take them back after the weekend to continue the bonding?
    It sounds really positive and it sounds like they just needed someone who could withstand watching all the dominance/defensive behaviours. It's never easy and takes a certain kind of strong to cope with it x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk