Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max - 22 November 2017

Default Max - 22 November 2017

I just wanted to write a farewell post to my little REW, Max, who passed this morning under anaesthetic. He came to us as a rescue bun 6 years ago. He was bold, cheeky but also very soft-natured and friendly.

He had a very fine coat and was troubled with furballs and stasis now and again over the years, but the last few months he had several bouts but always seemed to bounce back after a few hours.

Yesterday I knew something wasn't right. He was very still and bloated. Unfortunately an ultrasound at the vet revealed a large mass in his abdomen. They were due to operate this morning to attempt removal but his heart gave out when the anaesthetic was administered. He leaves behind his other half, Coco, who he groomed profusely every day. She will be heartbroken, and we will get a new partner for her in time.

Sleep tight little man XX

Dad.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm so sorry xx Binky free Max xx Sending hugs for you all and gentle noserubs for Coco xx

I'm so sorry you lost him,binky free Max.

Iím so sorry binky free Max xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

I'm very sorry that you have lost Max

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    I just wanted to write a farewell post to my little REW, Max, who passed this morning under anaesthetic. He came to us as a rescue bun 6 years ago. He was bold, cheeky but also very soft-natured and friendly.

He had a very fine coat and was troubled with furballs and stasis now and again over the years, but the last few months he had several bouts but always seemed to bounce back after a few hours.

Yesterday I knew something wasn't right. He was very still and bloated. Unfortunately an ultrasound at the vet revealed a large mass in his abdomen. They were due to operate this morning to attempt removal but his heart gave out when the anaesthetic was administered. He leaves behind his other half, Coco, who he groomed profusely every day. She will be heartbroken, and we will get a new partner for her in time.

Dad.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Run free Max, you beautiful bunny

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post

Dad.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I am so sorry for your loss

RIP Max xx

Twickenham Veterinary Surgery- A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Practice in SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

Keep up to date with the RHD2 situation in the UK. This highly respected Facebook page provides accurate and up-to-date information. Both the RWAF and some Rabbit Savvy Vets contribute to the page
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

So sorry for your loss
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Thank you everyone for your support - it means a lot.

I'm sorry I missed this yesterday. What a gorgeous bunny, I'm so sorry you lost him xx