• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need help with my male Neverland dwarf who is soon to be castrated.

My Neverland dwarf ,Seifer, is acting extremely aggressive as is common with young bucks. We haven't set up an appointment for getting him castrated yet, but I know it will be soon.

The issue I have at hand is how do I treat him up until that point. At first he was just a little jumpy, and got skittish when you went near his cage (he's got a hutch, we're just keeping him in for winter) we joked about at first saying he'd have to go get the chop as it were. Now you can't even put your hand near the cage (when it's open of course) without him lunging forward and biting you, witch as you can imagine makes feeding more like wrangling a nasty dog. He also keeps biting the bars of his cage, witch worries me as I'm not sure if his teeth can take it.

Also, his Behavior generally reminds of some who is trapped, even though we still put him in his run most days. the whole situation is quite stressful, and bizarre as his personality has gone out of wack very quickly, he is not at all the sweet shy little buck I had to start with.

In conclusion, for his own benefit what do I do with him?

If it wasn't so cold I would suggest you put him back in his hutch. How long has he been indoors? Some rabbits don't settle indoors especialy if they have always been outside. Does he get plenty of hay which will keep him more occupied and settled?

He's been indoors for three weeks, he goes out regularly in his run and we put his hay in a little wooden log to keep him playful and to help his teeth as well as a hay holder. He's actually asleep now, he went out in his run half an hour ago. He's okay in the early evening, a lot less hostile. We have considered putting him back in his hutch (it's in our summer house) but we originally bought him indoors because a few weeks ago my grandma found him, in the middle of the day bare in mind, stiff an cold in his hutch. It frightened us a bit as we realised how bad the night probably was for him, despite being in the summer house

I'm not at my grandma's every day so I only see him a few days a week, whenever I am I socialize with him in between doing homework. He gets lots of treats when I'm around :)

Ok, he's become a bit better, we let him wonder around the house at least once a day. when he's not in his cage he's fine. He's calmed down a bit but not much, I've gotten him more wood to chew on so I think he'll be fine.

Back