• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sharing a run?

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

As we have our bun Blossom inside for the foreseeable, we have a large hutch / run sitting empty.

Is there any reason why I couldn't let the 3 newbies use it, at different times, of course? Would it upset them that another rabbit had been in there?

They are all fully vaccinated with both vaccinations.

Thanks x

Hi all,

As we have our bun Blossom inside for the foreseeable, we have a large hutch / run sitting empty.

Is there any reason why I couldn't let the 3 newbies use it, at different times, of course? Would it upset them that another rabbit had been in there?

They are all fully vaccinated with both vaccinations.

Thanks x

Sounds good to me :)

Will you be thinking about getting them all together in the end still?

Thank you both :)

Yes MM, I'd love if they could all be bonded in the future :). I'll probably end up incorporating the shed, run and playhouse into one eventually and I still have a spare 16ft runaround tunnel / doors x

It's likely they will poo all over it. Smelling other rabbits scent will make them want to 'claim' the territory

Thank you both :)

Yes MM, I'd love if they could all be bonded in the future :). I'll probably end up incorporating the shed, run and playhouse into one eventually and I still have a spare 16ft runaround tunnel / doors x

Well that's a dangerous situation for you to be in, isn't it? :lol:

My 2 setups now share the runaround tunnel that I move from one door to another which has access to the run on the grass. They seem to not care too much that the others have used it, so keen are they to get out! A bit of chin rubbing but mostly grass munching..
They're all fully vaccinated so it's all good.

My 2 setups now share the runaround tunnel that I move from one door to another which has access to the run on the grass. They seem to not care too much that the others have used it, so keen are they to get out! A bit of chin rubbing but mostly grass munching..
They're all fully vaccinated so it's all good.

Thanks CL, i imagine that will be the case, at least I hope so :)

Thats an interesting idea regarding the runaround tunnel. We've got two currently in use and one spare which if I did something similar with, would allow the boys to have seperate access to the run without me having to carry them from one to another. How easy is it to disconnect / reconnect the tunnel, as I've never tried? x

Thats an interesting idea regarding the runaround tunnel. We've got two currently in use and one spare which if I did something similar with, would allow the boys to have seperate access to the run without me having to carry them from one to another. How easy is it to disconnect / reconnect the tunnel, as I've never tried? x
We only have one Runaround connector and it was a PITA to fit so taking it on/off would be a nightmare. We do regularly disconnect and reconnect one of our tunnels though but it's secured with garden wire tie stuff and a spare bit of loose mesh one end and simply between two puppy pens the other. They can't use the lawn when we're not about to keep an eye on them so we've never needed to make it really secure, and it's definitely fallen out once :lol: Aboleth's still chinning the puppy panels we were using for Loki and Thor though so you can expect a LOT of scent marking to go on :)

It's a bit of a faff but I only have to undo one of the wing nuts and ease the pipe out. Until runaround do a t junction, it's the only thing to do 😂
But it makes the garden tidier only having one run on the grass. I expect I shall give in to the big eyes of the ones not being let out one day and buy a whole new set so I can have 2 run set ups though...
if I could work out how to do it, I would post some photos of my final set up! Only taken me a year to complete...

Back