• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New rabbit

I'm getting my beatifull minilop on Tuesday, her name is sky. I went to see her a few days to put a deposit on her. she's 8 weeks old and I need to know: how do I bond with her ?[emoji235]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi Jade, I think with a baby rabbit you need to let her come to you, resist the temptation to pick her up or stroke her too much until she's found her feet in her accommodation. Have you got a run for her? If so (and she needs plenty of exercise) is it big enough for you to sit in? If you just sit quietly she will come to investigate you, and you can then talk quietly to her and stroke her back. Let her move away if she feels nervous of you. You will need some food she's used to as well, don't change her diet or you may have digestive issues. If you spend time with her she should come to trust you. Have you thought about a bunny friend for her? She will also need vaccinating against myxomatosis and VHD 1 and 2. Others on here will advise you at what age she should be done. She will also need spaying at around 5 months of age.

Good luck with her! You will find so much help on this forum, you can ask anything and someone will provide the answers. Let's see some photo's when you get her.

Hello there. How exciting! You must be very gentle with your new bunny and she will learn to trust you. It takes time.

Hi Jade, I think with a baby rabbit you need to let her come to you, resist the temptation to pick her up or stroke her too much until she's found her feet in her accommodation. Have you got a run for her? If so (and she needs plenty of exercise) is it big enough for you to sit in? If you just sit quietly she will come to investigate you, and you can then talk quietly to her and stroke her back. Let her move away if she feels nervous of you. You will need some food she's used to as well, don't change her diet or you may have digestive issues. If you spend time with her she should come to trust you. Have you thought about a bunny friend for her? She will also need vaccinating against myxomatosis and VHD 1 and 2. Others on here will advise you at what age she should be done. She will also need spaying at around 5 months of age.

Good luck with her! You will find so much help on this forum, you can ask anything and someone will provide the answers. Let's see some photo's when you get her.
I have an indoor hutch ready for her . She will stay in the indoor hutch until we get a outdoor hutch. The indoor hutch is big enough for me to lie in and since she is jus a baby I am sure it will be big enough for her. Do you have any suggestions on how I can bond with her? Also what type of food do you recommend? Can I feed her dandelion leaves ?

Photos will be out on Tuesday

I'm getting my beatifull minilop on Tuesday, her name is sky. I went to see her a few days to put a deposit on her. she's 8 weeks old and I need to know: how do I bond with her ?[emoji235]

I've had my little terror Daisy for 5 weeks tomorrow when she turns 12 weeks, we got her when she was 8 weeks too. I didn't really need to do anything to bond with her, she settled in so quickly and within a day was out of her cage all the time looking for mischeif and she started licking me to death which, in rabbit language means, i love you and I trust you. Because rabbits don't lick for salt like dogs do. Good luck with your new bunny.

Picture of my little troublemaker Daisy (supposedly a dwarf lop, i think shes more like a giant lop because she's huge for 11 weeks old and her back feet are enormous)
0872d0cd0435a1d3892c1482805b66fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

I've had my little terror Daisy for 5 weeks tomorrow when she turns 12 weeks, we got her when she was 8 weeks too. I didn't really need to do anything to bond with her, she settled in so quickly and within a day was out of her cage all the time looking for mischeif and she started licking me to death which, in rabbit language means, i love you and I trust you. Because rabbits don't lick for salt like dogs do. Good luck with your new bunny.

Picture of my little troublemaker Daisy (supposedly a dwarf lop, i think shes more like a giant lop because she's huge for 11 weeks old and her back feet are enormous)
0872d0cd0435a1d3892c1482805b66fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
I had a rabbitt that size it's just how some rabbitts grow but if you want to find out you could take her to the vets for a dna
check

Back