• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some minor teething problems [litter training, toys]

naohren

Young Bun
Hi all!

I decided to lump these two questions together this time, to save clutter.

Question 1:
Humphrey and Clara are litter trained. Or rather, they were... You see, a few months ago, they mysteriously lost their litter training and urinated outside the tray. That's fine, I can handle that. But it's gotten worse, to the point where they're urinating nowhere near the litter tray (e.g. on the top floor of the hutch, where there is no litter tray). I've tried using a vinegar-water solution but it doesn't seem to deter them for long. It's not a medical issue - I've been to the vets already and they said they're perfectly healthy. What could be the cause and solution for this problem?

Question 2:
These two have never been very fond of toys, unless there's food involved. Why is that? They're almost the opposite of my last two rabbits, who were very destructive and loved throwing their toys around. I'm still looking for toys that might amuse them, but I'm not sure if I'll find any. I'll be renovating the run in the summer so hopefully I can make it more interesting for them as an alternative. They seem to prefer exploring the environment.

Thank you all :)

Do they just do their toilet on the hutch floor upstairs or have you got hay up there? Do you put hay in their litter tray so they can munch on the hay whilst toileting? Rabbits do like to explore their environment and a lot of rabbits re really not into toys. They might go through a tunnel once or twice or demolish a cardboard box, which is ok as long as they don't eat the cardboard. My rabbits spend most of their time eating their hay, having a snooze, eating more hay and waiting for dinner to come round. In the summer when we have grass growing then they love to graze. Hope this helps.

Do they just do their toilet on the hutch floor upstairs or have you got hay up there? Do you put hay in their litter tray so they can munch on the hay whilst toileting? Rabbits do like to explore their environment and a lot of rabbits re really not into toys. They might go through a tunnel once or twice or demolish a cardboard box, which is ok as long as they don't eat the cardboard. My rabbits spend most of their time eating their hay, having a snooze, eating more hay and waiting for dinner to come round. In the summer when we have grass growing then they love to graze. Hope this helps.

They only have hay in racks and hay balls next to their two litter trays. One is in the hutch, one is outside but still near. They seem to urinate around the litter tray in the hutch, on the top floor where I described, and sometimes in the middle of the bottom floor, just beside where the ramp is. It's very strange.

And yeah, I was just curious about who else had rabbits that aren't that into toys! My mother suggested the salvage place for some clay pipes they can play in, and maybe some other bits and pieces they can climb on. Mine love having all the grass in the run to nibble on, even if there's not much in winter. They also love eating the leaves that fall in the autumn... :lol:

Hi all!

I decided to lump these two questions together this time, to save clutter.

Question 1:
Humphrey and Clara are litter trained. Or rather, they were... You see, a few months ago, they mysteriously lost their litter training and urinated outside the tray. That's fine, I can handle that. But it's gotten worse, to the point where they're urinating nowhere near the litter tray (e.g. on the top floor of the hutch, where there is no litter tray). I've tried using a vinegar-water solution but it doesn't seem to deter them for long. It's not a medical issue - I've been to the vets already and they said they're perfectly healthy. What could be the cause and solution for this problem?

Question 2:
These two have never been very fond of toys, unless there's food involved. Why is that? They're almost the opposite of my last two rabbits, who were very destructive and loved throwing their toys around. I'm still looking for toys that might amuse them, but I'm not sure if I'll find any. I'll be renovating the run in the summer so hopefully I can make it more interesting for them as an alternative. They seem to prefer exploring the environment.

Thank you all :)
With the minor teething problems I think I can give some advice.
I'm getting my bunny soon ,when I went to put a deposit on her the woman suggested hay blocks to help my rabbitts teeth so you could try the hay blocks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

With the minor teething problems I think I can give some advice.
I'm getting my bunny soon ,when I went to put a deposit on her the woman suggested hay blocks to help my rabbitts teeth so you could try the hay blocks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

... Oh. I didn't mean literal teething problems, haha! I just meant... in the figurative sense.

Back