• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can anyone help?

Thank you, right now I feel like it’s going to take some kind of a miracle.

I just don’t get why they dislike each other so much with no barrier :-( and here when we put them together Truffle didn’t attack.

We can’t win.
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, right now I feel like it’s going to take some kind of a miracle.

I just don’t get why they dislike each other so much with no barrier :-( and here when we put them together Truffle didn’t attack.

We can’t win.
Xx

Take deep breaths and give yourself a night off. Just try and put the whole thing/bonding everything out of your mind just for a few hours.

No self-punishing or wondering why it's happened as it is.

Your poor brain must be in total overload. Hugs xx

It may be stress that caused him to react the way he did. His fight or flight instinct kicking in and the only option he had at the time was to fight. Especially if she was trying to put them both into the same carrier for transport.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Take deep breaths and give yourself a night off. Just try and put the whole thing/bonding everything out of your mind just for a few hours.

No self-punishing or wondering why it's happened as it is.

Your poor brain must be in total overload. Hugs xx

Thank you.

Yeah my head was spinning most of the night, I was so upset. There was just something in the back of my mind that really thought it might work.

She said most of her success is when the bunnies don’t know each other, so I’m not sure if a 2-3 week break after being side by side 3 months will make them forget each other.....

Thank you for your kind words xx

It may be stress that caused him to react the way he did. His fight or flight instinct kicking in and the only option he had at the time was to fight. Especially if she was trying to put them both into the same carrier for transport.

Hi DP :)

I’m praying that’s the case but I’m now feeling really upset about it all because I really thought it would happen. She said they might hate each other :-‘(

The lady put them in the same carrier because she said she drives them round the block to get a feel of how they are together and to start the bonding process off.

I wonder if the smell of the other bunnies in the room which are bonding and boarding upset him too?

Hi DP :)

I’m praying that’s the case but I’m now feeling really upset about it all because I really thought it would happen. She said they might hate each other :-‘(

The lady put them in the same carrier because she said she drives them round the block to get a feel of how they are together and to start the bonding process off.

I wonder if the smell of the other bunnies in the room which are bonding and boarding upset him too?

That's a possibility. He may have gotten referred aggression from all the other smells.

See that’s what I thought. He used to do exactly the same to our cats when he could smell Luther on us before any bonding started.

Maybe I should suggest that to her before trying today [emoji848]

It’s really hard because I know there’s no definitive “right way” but we just don’t seem to be getting it right.
I was convinced they don’t hate each other or they would keep ‘going at it’ through the divide, and they don’t.

I don’t know weather to try the other bonder after we see how tonight goes just because they probably use a different technique, then say “ok we tried” OR have them side by side a few days to settle and bond downstairs in the bathroom starting in the tub etc but get someone like DP to help out the first day, then we carry it on.

Them being away from home, unless it was all to much in one go, didn’t work how we thought-instead of Luther seeing Truffle as a friend etc Truffle was very upset and aggressive which might be because he’s more comfortable at home [emoji848]
So complicated

Will find out soon how round two goes tonight.

I can’t shake the feeling we are doing something wrong or if we should have just persisted at home.
It’s so hard to know what’s right, all I want is them to be friends :-(

Sending lots of comforting vibes to you. You're doing all you can to give them a happier life.

Lots of good bonding vibes to them tonight x

Sending lots of comforting vibes to you. You're doing all you can to give them a happier life.

Lots of good bonding vibes to them tonight x

Thank you DP

We really appreciate your support and kind words xx

I have no idea :-/ I haven’t heard anything yet.

Maybe no news is good news? Perhaps she can’t use her phone yet because she’s concentrating on them.

Will have to message here about midday or something if I don’t hear though, the suspense is killing me! X

Maybe no news is good news? Perhaps she can’t use her phone yet because she’s concentrating on them.

Will have to message here about midday or something if I don’t hear though, the suspense is killing me! X

Lots of good luck vibes still coming x

You and the boys have been constantly on my mind. I really hope there is somme good news x

You and the boys have been constantly on my mind. I really hope there is somme good news x

Thank you both your very kind :)

Still haven’t heard anything yet. My OH says wait a bit longer, but I will be annoyed if it went wrong again last night and she’s forgotten to message me :-/ xx

I messaged, couldn’t bare it any more lol.

Turns out she didn’t even do it last night sadly. So tonight instead....

Back