• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can anyone help?

Truffpuff

Mama Doe
Hello,

Some of you may have already been following our saga “boy trouble” from a month or so ago.

Without going through it all we have Truffle, indoor male neutered rabbit and Luther, 9 month male neutered rabbit. They have been in our spare room for 12 weeks now with a divide, living opposite 24/7.

We need help by getting them now externally bonded, ie not in our house as we think this is how we will get success due to Luther being bullied by two groups of buns when he was younger (in pets at home). So he needs to see Truffle as his ally not something to fear which leads to attack’s and being away from home will do that.

A lady was supposed to take them and bond in her home any time now, but now she’s not able till January which I can’t wait till then as they are so frustrated being in the room now bless them, and this is best for me as I have a business that’s likely to take off early next year. She offered dec but not being with them all day, so if a fight broke out and she’s not there.....well you know.

Just rang the only other rescue that got back to me and she only bonds outside and was very iffy about two males.

Please does anyone know of bonders anywhere from Towcester/Milton Keynes, prepared to drive up to an hour outside this if needed.
We would pay happily.

We just don’t know what to do now and just want to be together for Christmas.

Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luther has decided carpet is not for him in the room and while we were out for two hours there is a big hole now *sigh*

A wee bump for you. I can imagine its very frustrating for you & the boys - I'm sorry I don't know any bonders in your neck of the woods.

A wee bump for you. I can imagine its very frustrating for you & the boys - I'm sorry I don't know any bonders in your neck of the woods.

Thank you :)

Yeah I think they are pretty fed up bless them. Thank you anyway x

I just wonder whether you may get more of a response if you changed the title to 'Bonding help needed (your area)'

I have been searching your neck of the woods to try and find suitable/possible rescues etc, but no success at the moment. I totally get your frustration. You've tried so hard and it's becoming a bit more pressing to sort this out. Not least for the sake of your house x

I just wonder whether you may get more of a response if you changed the title to 'Bonding help needed (your area)'

When I go on edit all I can change is my paragraphs about the situation not the title, should I just delete this post and re do?

I have been searching your neck of the woods to try and find suitable/possible rescues etc, but no success at the moment. I totally get your frustration. You've tried so hard and it's becoming a bit more pressing to sort this out. Not least for the sake of your house x

Thank you MM.

I messaged 5 in my area before and only two even replied. On my Facebook plea in bunny groups people suggested another 4 but a bit further from me, one rejected straight away, another only does meetings 2 hours at a time but it’s 40 mins away so I think that’s just stressful for them and it just wouldn’t work. I asked if she could keep them there and I will pay but they don’t have the facilities and lots of poorly buns.

I still need to ring the one in Rugby today and then I’m just waiting on the other two places I emailed. One girl on Facebook is nearer me and might be able to bond, she works from home but has only bonded one pair.....so I’m not so sure.

Yes I don’t want to rush it but they are fed up, I will email you a picture of what Luther did yesterday. I can’t be mad though I feel like they are in bunny prison. Plus this is the best time because I know I will have to work with them if they do bond somewhere else because their territory has to start tiny at home etc etc.

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it xx

I've had a Google search but I can't find anything. I'll try to do a more in depth search on the laptop.

Sadly with my two girls I can't bring any other buns into the house because of how territorial Daphne is, their bond would break down if I did.

My offer to come over and help still stands if you feel I can do anything to help but if not just keep searching. As I said, I'll do a more in depth search on the laptop for you.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've had a Google search but I can't find anything. I'll try to do a more in depth search on the laptop.

Sadly with my two girls I can't bring any other buns into the house because of how territorial Daphne is, their bond would break down if I did.

My offer to come over and help still stands if you feel I can do anything to help but if not just keep searching. As I said, I'll do a more in depth search on the laptop for you.

Thank you I really appreciate it!
I will put a list up here of ones I already tried so it’s a bit easier.

Aw thank you, no I would never want to jeopardise your own bonded buns but I appreciate the thought. Thank you, the way it is now we really feel the best thing to make this bond a success would be to start it at another home or establishment because it will be the trigger to make Luther see Truffle as an ally not another scary bunny who may or may not attack him, so he should attack first just in case.

The very last resort idea I had is to bond them at my other halves parents house, which again I would rather an experienced person rather than us, but if we are left with no other option we may have to just live there a week and pop back to feed cats/fish. So I will definitely be asking if you could help the first time if it comes to this option :) x

Emma’s rabbit rescue - only does two hour sessions and is 40 mins away
Derricks den rushden - the one that can’t do till January
Rabbit resistance - don’t do it
Fat fluffs -awaiting response
B.A.R.K.S - don’t do and didn’t like the idea of two males
BFAS - no reply
Animals in need - don’t but recommended Drecks den
Hop skip and bunk - awaiting response
Lastly I have a number to ring of someone in Rugby which we will do today

When I go on edit all I can change is my paragraphs about the situation not the title, should I just delete this post and re do?

No - you should be able to go to a box at the top which contains the title, and edit that as well as the body of your post x

So there are two people that could possibly bond our boys, both an hour away.

One is a lady who has bonded many males before and is a trainee RVN so she’s our first pic. But she can only do 14th Dec or possibly the 1st but is waiting on someone else to get back to her.

She also said she prefers buns to be separated first not together, no scent swapping etc so if we go with her keep them separate before because it works better. Has anyone else heard this??

The second one can do the 4th December but I don’t know yet if someone is with them 24/7 at the start.

So still all up on the air and not as soon as I’d hoped.

So there are two people that could possibly bond our boys, both an hour away.

One is a lady who has bonded many males before and is a trainee RVN so she’s our first pic. But she can only do 14th Dec or possibly the 1st but is waiting on someone else to get back to her.

She also said she prefers buns to be separated first not together, no scent swapping etc so if we go with her keep them separate before because it works better. Has anyone else heard this??

The second one can do the 4th December but I don’t know yet if someone is with them 24/7 at the start.

So still all up on the air and not as soon as I’d hoped.

It's just a preferred style. Sometimes separating so no scent of each other can help get rid of any pent up aggression (Sorry... not wording this very well).

What I'm trying to say is in some cases giving buns a break from each other can allow them to calm down and relax before moving back onto bonding.
It's just another take and it works for some, and doesn't work for others x

It's just a preferred style. Sometimes separating so no scent of each other can help get rid of any pent up aggression (Sorry... not wording this very well).

What I'm trying to say is in some cases giving buns a break from each other can allow them to calm down and relax before moving back onto bonding.
It's just another take and it works for some, and doesn't work for others x

Oh ok I think I follow.

How do you know if it’s a good idea or not?

Obviously if we end up getting her to bond them we will separate them as it’s a requirement, but I’m wondering if it’s a good idea to do anyway, even if they go to the other boarding centre [emoji848]

Thank you x

Oh ok I think I follow.

How do you know if it’s a good idea or not?

Obviously if we end up getting her to bond them we will separate them as it’s a requirement, but I’m wondering if it’s a good idea to do anyway, even if they go to the other boarding centre [emoji848]

Thank you x

Honestly, we don't know. Just need to go with the gut [emoji38]

So it was all very sudden, the bonder had a cancellation tonight. So we took the boys over and are on our way home.

They were a bit stressed from the car journey but seemed to chill while we chatted.

She said she will put them in a large carrier and drive them round the block initially then put them in a small cage to bond. However I got a text 3 mins after we left, Truffle had bitten her (not like him at all) and was being aggressive towards Luther, Luther was also aggressive back.

So they are separate tonight at her house then try one more time tomorrow. If it happens again they are to come home and live separate for 2-3 weeks, then go back to her in the hopes they forget each other.

Feeling really sad now.

So it was all very sudden, the bonder had a cancellation tonight. So we took the boys over and are on our way home.

They were a bit stressed from the car journey but seemed to chill while we chatted.

She said she will put them in a large carrier and drive them round the block initially then put them in a small cage to bond. However I got a text 3 mins after we left, Truffle had bitten her (not like him at all) and was being aggressive towards Luther, Luther was also aggressive back.

So they are separate tonight at her house then try one more time tomorrow. If it happens again they are to come home and live separate for 2-3 weeks, then go back to her in the hopes they forget each other.

Feeling really sad now.

Oh no! Just seen your message :(

Praying for a miracle here, for you and the boys xx

Back