• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Something's wrong with Jazz - U/D: Improving :D

Bleugh !!

Well I guess it might keep you 'regular'................... :?

Jazzie and I are going to have words later... :lol: She was spitting it out all over the place so I'm not surprised :roll: Just found out my Mum got a taste of it too somehow. Apparently it doesn't taste like carrots at all and it's unpleasant. The company lied to us! :lol:
Glad I spotted it before I had the coffee :lol:

Jazzie and I are going to have words later... :lol: She was spitting it out all over the place so I'm not surprised :roll: Just found out my Mum got a taste of it too somehow. Apparently it doesn't taste like carrots at all and it's unpleasant. The company lied to us! :lol:
Glad I spotted it before I had the coffee :lol:

Quiet, otherwise it could have been a very 'moving' experience ! :shock:

Back home. Prior to the vet trip she'd picked up very well, eating (hay and dried forage) and pretty bright. Obviously at the vet she was very quiet... Until he wanted to check her teeth. Then quiet, timid, wide-eyed Jazzie became 'that thing is NOT going in my mouth' Jazzie. Long story short, no checking teeth :roll: She had them checked a few weeks back at her vaccination and they have always been good so I told him not to worry at the moment as I don't think there's anything wrong with them.
She cetainly had fight in her when she needed it :lol:
Obviously quiet at the moment but hoping she'll pick up again soon. She's on the motility meds and fibreplex for another three days, then assuming she's well I'll start panacur. I might give it an extra day or two - see how she goes.
Not much else to say at the moment but just thought I should post an update :)

I'm glad the vet was pleased with her :)

I think rabbit with good teeth is a wonder to behold :lol:

Sorry for the late response, the internet's been down for a while.
Overall she's doing well. She's mostly bright and inquisitive, though has a few sleepy moments. She's eating but a little at a time. Mostly hay and some dried forage. But overall she's doing quite well and I'm not too worried at the moment.
Only problem is she's being a pain in the backside with the medication. When you eventually do manage to get the syringe in she just holds it in her mouth and lets it drip out. She won't actually swallow it. She's being a real pain lol.
A lot of it just dribbles back out again so it's very difficult to give the the full dose :roll:

Sorry for the late response, the internet's been down for a while.
Overall she's doing well. She's mostly bright and inquisitive, though has a few sleepy moments. She's eating but a little at a time. Mostly hay and some dried forage. But overall she's doing quite well and I'm not too worried at the moment.
Only problem is she's being a pain in the backside with the medication. When you eventually do manage to get the syringe in she just holds it in her mouth and lets it drip out. She won't actually swallow it. She's being a real pain lol.
A lot of it just dribbles back out again so it's very difficult to give the the full dose :roll:

I really hope she continues to do well!

Have you recovered from your long night with her? x

I don't know... Remind me what sleep is? :p
She's eating hay enthusiastically as I speak along with the odd head flick and binky. She had her last dose of medication at midnight last night so so far things are looking good. I'm going it give it another day or two before starting the panacur though I think. Don't want to upset her.
She's still slow on her veg oddly, she leaves it for a while before having it later. But she's eating hay well and finally eager for her fibafirst again so she must be feeling better :)

I don't know... Remind me what sleep is? :p
She's eating hay enthusiastically as I speak along with the odd head flick and binky. She had her last dose of medication at midnight last night so so far things are looking good. I'm going it give it another day or two before starting the panacur though I think. Don't want to upset her.
She's still slow on her veg oddly, she leaves it for a while before having it later. But she's eating hay well and finally eager for her fibafirst again so she must be feeling better :)

Such good news :D

Back