• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scrunching up?

ghibli

Warren Scout
Hi,

My rabbit Twinkle [emoji92] has started scrunching up when she stretches, and it's kind of worrying me. She stretches out, then arches her back, with the rest of her body still flat on the floor. Does it mean anything? She's only recently started doing it!

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Is it tummy pressing? Is she happy and stretched out normally and eating and pooing normally. Is she grinding her teeth? Could you maybe get a photo or video of it. I know that's difficult as you don't know when she's going to do it!!

It could be that she has an uncomfortable tummy. Is she eating well and are her poohs normal?
Yeah, she's eating fine. She's eating a lot of hay, plenty of fresh veg. Poos are all normal. Maybe it's nothing, it's just that she stated doing it recently and I was actually wondering if it was done kind of emotional thing?

Is it tummy pressing? Is she happy and stretched out normally and eating and pooing normally. Is she grinding her teeth? Could you maybe get a photo or video of it. I know that's difficult as you don't know when she's going to do it!!
I've been trying to get a video of her doing it, but it's really unpredictable. She's kind of stopped doing it a bit. She seems relaxed she she's doing it, she's been chewing more than usual, but then I've just got her a new toy she loves chewing. I've been a little preoccupied lately, and she's an only bunny as of Ghibli's passing earlier this year. I was wandering of it was perhaps because I'm not given her enough attention?

When she stretches does she stretch like a cat and yawn? That's what Doughnut does. If she only scrunches up for a moment I would say it's nothing to worry about, if she sits scrunched up for a while I would think she is maybe in pain with gas or something.

Yes chewing could be boredom but at least she has a toy that she likes to chew. Has she got a tunnel to play in as I find most rabbits like them and you could do a box filled with newspaper. Doughnut loves tearing up newspaper, it keeps her busy!!

When she stretches does she stretch like a cat and yawn? That's what Doughnut does. If she only scrunches up for a moment I would say it's nothing to worry about, if she sits scrunched up for a while I would think she is maybe in pain with gas or something.

Yes chewing could be boredom but at least she has a toy that she likes to chew. Has she got a tunnel to play in as I find most rabbits like them and you could do a box filled with newspaper. Doughnut loves tearing up newspaper, it keeps her busy!!
She love boxes, but she ends up eating then. She's not really big on tunnels. That was Ghibli's thing. She's loves climbing stuff, so I let her jump on things. Unfortunately she went to far once and eat our couch [emoji23]
030cf79759249971969bc981db94be40.jpg

Back