Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Scrunching up?

  1. #1
    Warren Scout ghibli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    101

    Default Scrunching up?

    Hi,

    My rabbit Twinkle has started scrunching up when she stretches, and it's kind of worrying me. She stretches out, then arches her back, with the rest of her body still flat on the floor. Does it mean anything? She's only recently started doing it!

    Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    IOW
    Posts
    12,489

    Default

    It could be that she has an uncomfortable tummy. Is she eating well and are her poohs normal?

  3. #3
    Warren Veteran cpayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dartford
    Posts
    6,480

    Default

    Is it tummy pressing? Is she happy and stretched out normally and eating and pooing normally. Is she grinding her teeth? Could you maybe get a photo or video of it. I know that's difficult as you don't know when she's going to do it!!

  4. #4
    Warren Scout ghibli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    It could be that she has an uncomfortable tummy. Is she eating well and are her poohs normal?
    Yeah, she's eating fine. She's eating a lot of hay, plenty of fresh veg. Poos are all normal. Maybe it's nothing, it's just that she stated doing it recently and I was actually wondering if it was done kind of emotional thing?

    Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Warren Scout ghibli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    Is it tummy pressing? Is she happy and stretched out normally and eating and pooing normally. Is she grinding her teeth? Could you maybe get a photo or video of it. I know that's difficult as you don't know when she's going to do it!!
    I've been trying to get a video of her doing it, but it's really unpredictable. She's kind of stopped doing it a bit. She seems relaxed she she's doing it, she's been chewing more than usual, but then I've just got her a new toy she loves chewing. I've been a little preoccupied lately, and she's an only bunny as of Ghibli's passing earlier this year. I was wandering of it was perhaps because I'm not given her enough attention?

    Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Warren Veteran cpayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dartford
    Posts
    6,480

    Default

    When she stretches does she stretch like a cat and yawn? That's what Doughnut does. If she only scrunches up for a moment I would say it's nothing to worry about, if she sits scrunched up for a while I would think she is maybe in pain with gas or something.

    Yes chewing could be boredom but at least she has a toy that she likes to chew. Has she got a tunnel to play in as I find most rabbits like them and you could do a box filled with newspaper. Doughnut loves tearing up newspaper, it keeps her busy!!

  7. #7
    Warren Scout ghibli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    When she stretches does she stretch like a cat and yawn? That's what Doughnut does. If she only scrunches up for a moment I would say it's nothing to worry about, if she sits scrunched up for a while I would think she is maybe in pain with gas or something.

    Yes chewing could be boredom but at least she has a toy that she likes to chew. Has she got a tunnel to play in as I find most rabbits like them and you could do a box filled with newspaper. Doughnut loves tearing up newspaper, it keeps her busy!!
    She love boxes, but she ends up eating then. She's not really big on tunnels. That was Ghibli's thing. She's loves climbing stuff, so I let her jump on things. Unfortunately she went to far once and eat our couch

    Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Warren Veteran cpayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dartford
    Posts
    6,480

    Default

    Ah she's cute.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •