Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy hay in bulk - online/farms? - Stockport area

Default Where to buy hay in bulk - online/farms? - Stockport area

Hi everyone,

We have gone from 2 buns to 4 buns (very long story but we now have 2 amazing set ups with 2 bonded pairs)

Now we have doubled we are noticing we are going through a lot of hay.

We currently buy our hay from pets at home. We buy timothy hay, timothy hay with marigold, etc

I am just wondering how people buy their hay with a lot of buns? is it cheaper and easier online somewhere? we also went to a local farm and bought a bag of hay for 1 and currently mixing that in but unsure if its safe?

thanks for the help

Kelly

Hi, and welcome to the forum I buy hay by the bale for my rabbit and goats from a local equestrian feed merchant, it's good quality and my rabbits have always preferred it to the expensive pet shop stuff. Are your bunnies vaccinated for vhd, myxomatosis and the new vhd2 vaccine? as VHD2 is moreand more widespread and can be transmitted easily.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

https://www.timothyhay.co.uk/

I think a fair few people on here buy this stuff. I love it, and so do my boys!

Quote Originally Posted by supersonic View Post
    https://www.timothyhay.co.uk/

I think a fair few people on here buy this stuff. I love it, and so do my boys!
    I was going to suggest this too, it's lovely hay and comes in a big sack x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

My bunnies love timothyhay.co.uk as well - I also get them the oat hay. In some ways I think this is more about me than them as they loved their baled hay (4 a bale) I used to get them (I'm scared to go back, what would I do with it all if they are hay snobs now?). A while back I ran out & got them the timothy hay with dandelion? (2 for 1k I think) from B&M & although its very soft Mousey loves it & they all eat it. I'd try farm hay first & maybe some timothy oat as treat hay / topper

Yep they are all vaccinated with both of them

Thank you everyone for your suggestions !

Cheshire pet supplies do a hay bale. You can collect or they deliver to Stockport on a Friday. I haven't used them myself but someone recommended them to me a while back when I was looking for somewhere.

I order a bale from Gjw titmuss/time for paws currently, and buy other hays from zooplus. Timothy hay I get from timothyhay.co.uk
    Piggy slave to Mollie and Lily
    Benjie guinea pig 28/09/2017, Bisc rabbit 04/10/2016, Eddie guinea pig 01/12/2014, Maisie guinea pig 07/08/2014, Matt rabbit 31/08/2013, Chesney guinea pig 21/02/2013, Smudge rabbit 09/07/2006, Patch rabbit 31/10/2001

I get bales from Bowlers in Offerton

Warren Veteran

If you want a general meadow hay similar to that you get in petshops try Nature's Own hay. You buy in batches of 5 online but very good for litter trays as it's very soft.
    Tim