• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Spurs or something else?

Boo was an angel in consult so the vet got to have a good look around. She didn't see any spurs or obvious wounds but her teeth on her left side are all longer than her right so she has been favouring one side to eat & obviously there will be a reason for doing so. Most unhelpfully OH told vet she has been "slavering". She hasn't at all. Her & Mouse both get wet chops when they've been drinking

Boo was an angel in consult so the vet got to have a good look around. She didn't see any spurs or obvious wounds but her teeth on her left side are all longer than her right so she has been favouring one side to eat & obviously there will be a reason for doing so. Most unhelpfully OH told vet she has been "slavering". She hasn't at all. Her & Mouse both get wet chops when they've been drinking

Good girl Boo, silly OH !!

Is the Vet suggesting any treatment at this stage ?.....................For Boo I mean, not your OH !!

Good girl Boo, silly OH !!

Is the Vet suggesting any treatment at this stage ?.....................For Boo I mean, not your OH !!

She is going in for sedation & xrays & a more thorough exam on thursday. Having kidney function test first though that might have been better to do this morning . I'm seriously hoping its a forage / hay thing & not dental

She is going in for sedation & xrays & a more thorough exam on thursday. Having kidney function test first though that might have been better to do this morning . I'm seriously hoping its a forage / hay thing & not dental

Well you've obviously picked up on things quickly so any issues can hopefully be nipped in the bud x

Yes I was going to ask what the next step forward was.

When will she have the kidney function test? Just before sedation?

I hope the new tests go well and don't reveal anything serious. Well done Boo for being a good girl:love:

Well you've obviously picked up on things quickly so any issues can hopefully be nipped in the bud x

Thanks Jane. tbh we picked up on it a while ago but because it was a different symptom, a sneeze one week, a quack the next, a paw of the cheek days apart we've sat & waited a bit! She has maintained her weight & obviously coping fine but then again there is something going on.

Thankyou!!

MM - she'll have the results prior to GA as that may change my decision to put her under. I discussed her drinking, whether an EC test would be useful (she has always drank loads) so vet suggested kidney function first

Glad that Boo allowed a good examination by the vet. It all seems a sensible way forward, but I can fully understand the concern that you must be feeling.

Glad that Boo allowed a good examination by the vet. It all seems a sensible way forward, but I can fully understand the concern that you must be feeling.

thanks Omi. Hope I'm doing the right thing but while she is still happy eating well

Vet was lovely. She volunteered to pick Boo up & return her to another branch where they have better equipment. As it happens the branch she will be seen at on thurs is prob easier to get to

I hope all goes well for Boo at the vets tomorrow. Ideally they will find a small piece of pesky hay stuck somewhere it wasn't meant to be.

I'll be thinking of you both.

Thankyou!!

MM - she'll have the results prior to GA as that may change my decision to put her under. I discussed her drinking, whether an EC test would be useful (she has always drank loads) so vet suggested kidney function first

Good luck :)

I hope the tests have good results. How has she been this week?

I'm sorry J&B. I meant to find this thread earlier to post good luck vibes etc but things have been going on.

Lots of vibes for Boo for the next step of investigations. I hope a cause can be found and it's easy to treat x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank you three - you've all got your own stuff on & still taking the trouble to send your very best wishes to Boo. I thought I felt an abscess on her cheek last night - decided to try to not drive myself mad feeling again - if its there it will be picked up. In herself she is fine. I left our bedroom door open on purpose last night so she could get raid the dried forage I have up there :love: She took full advantage:lol:

I do feel really nervous . Poor Boo Boo

Lots of vibes for Boo's procedure tomorrow. I know it's really hard not to get nervous, I always wind myself up into a terrible state when my bunnies have had to go under a GA!

I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back