• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would these mats be any good for rabbits?

~ILoveMyBunny~

Alpha Buck
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/mats/204595

I used to buy the P@H grass mats but haven't bought them for a while. Jazz in particular loves digging and destroying them so I was going to get some until I saw these. Just wondering if these would be a good alternative as they're £1.99, vs the £4 P@H ones. Think they're bigger too.
Only thing is the string on the ends as it's obviously meant to hang for other animals but it looks easy enough to cut the string off.

Think they're okay?

Do you know what, my buns also love grass mats. I buy from zooplus and have seen these and I never even thought of using them like this. Thank you for the tip :thumb:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/mats/204595

I used to buy the P@H grass mats but haven't bought them for a while. Jazz in particular loves digging and destroying them so I was going to get some until I saw these. Just wondering if these would be a good alternative as they're £1.99, vs the £4 P@H ones. Think they're bigger too.
Only thing is the string on the ends as it's obviously meant to hang for other animals but it looks easy enough to cut the string off.

Think they're okay?

Really great :thumb:

I used to buy seagrass mats for £1 at Homebase, but I think they cost more now.

That's good value :D

Well looks like Zooplus are getting more money out of me :lol: I've just seen this on P@H: http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/woodlands-seagrass-large-munchable-mattress
Seems to be exactly the same? But at £6 :shock:
Jazz will be happy, she loves destroying them :lol:

Really great :thumb:

I used to buy seagrass mats for £1 at Homebase, but I think they cost more now.

That's good value :D
Oh I'd never thought of Homebase. Though we don't have a local one anymore :( I've always been nervous of seagrass that wasn't meant for pets in case it was treated with something. Is there a way to tell?

Edit: Oh, just a thought.. If anyone uses Quidco they've got a £2.50 cashback thing when you spend £5 or more before midnight at any retailer. Not sure if it will work for everyone as they say the first 100,000 to opt in (you have to opt in on the main page)
Might not work but might help if anyone's ordering tonight :D

Last edited:
Just a quick update for anyone wondering - we received these today and they're absolutely perfect for the buns :D I'd really recommend them. The string can be removed pretty easily. It's threaded through the mat on two edges but can be pulled through without too much difficulty. The middle piece I think is meant to be cut off anyway and it's easy enough to cut.
I'm sure this is the same one P@H sell for £6 so a lot cheaper.
All the buns love them, though Honey set to work on hers straight away and had completely destroyed it within about an hour and a half :shock: She had a lot of fun though which is the main thing.
So yeah, just thought I'd update that in case anyone else was wondering. I will be buying these more often :thumb:

Just a quick update for anyone wondering - we received these today and they're absolutely perfect for the buns :D I'd really recommend them. The string can be removed pretty easily. It's threaded through the mat on two edges but can be pulled through without too much difficulty. The middle piece I think is meant to be cut off anyway and it's easy enough to cut.
I'm sure this is the same one P@H sell for £6 so a lot cheaper.
All the buns love them, though Honey set to work on hers straight away and had completely destroyed it within about an hour and a half :shock: She had a lot of fun though which is the main thing.
So yeah, just thought I'd update that in case anyone else was wondering. I will be buying these more often :thumb:

One hour and a half? Hehe, expensive little girl she is :)

Thanks for that! :D

I get these for my hamsters. They love gnawing away on them. May have to get some for the wabs now!

Back