• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Washing powder for rabbits

....well not for rabbits but for their bedding. Is there a particular brand people would recommend please? At the moment I am using my normal powder but in a quarter of the quantity. Thank you.

I don't use anything different to what I use to wash my own clothes. The only difference between my wash and theirs is that their blankets get washed in a horse rug wash bag to prevent the machine getting clogged up.

I just use what I have in - typically co-op's own but if you wanted an organic solution soap nuts might be good

....well not for rabbits but for their bedding. Is there a particular brand people would recommend please? At the moment I am using my normal powder but in a quarter of the quantity. Thank you.

Sounds good - I do the same!

Even a boil wash where required :roll:

I use the same as my own. Only difference being that the conditioner isn't used, I put white vinegar in that draw when I do a bunny blanket wash.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Doughnut doesn't have any bedding but for her vet bed in her hutch where she eats her food I just pop it in the washing machine without any power. She's scared of smells and if I get any washing out she runs away.

Doughnut doesn't have any bedding but for her vet bed in her hutch where she eats her food I just pop it in the washing machine without any power. She's scared of smells and if I get any washing out she runs away.

I often find I've left out the washing liquid for my own washing as well :shock: The dosing ball full is on the shelf and never went into the laundry. To be honest, I never notice the difference :lol:

I use ecover zero for the piggies washing. It has no smell which is brilliant for them and for me! I add white vinegar to the fabric softener drawer :wave:

Haha the vet bed still comes out clean! It's strange she's so scared of different smells but noises such as fireworks she's not bothered at all.

Glad you clarified that! :lol:
I use Co-Op's own brand washing liquid as it's vegan and cheap. It's always been fine for the buns :thumb: Ecover works well too. Snowflake is sensitive to some chemicals but has never had trouble with either of those.
I do use less than with normal washing and I don't use fabric conditioner (though I did once by mistake and they were fine with it)

I don't use anything different to what I use to wash my own clothes. The only difference between my wash and theirs is that their blankets get washed in a horse rug wash bag to prevent the machine getting clogged up.
Oh wow... That may be the best idea I've heard in ages. I've never thought of using a wash bag! The washing machine is always full of hay and it's a nightmare. You've just saved me from endless hours picking hay out of the machine :lol:

I often find I've left out the washing liquid for my own washing as well :shock: The dosing ball full is on the shelf and never went into the laundry. To be honest, I never notice the difference :lol:

I've done this before. Same with the dishwasher. Both came up fine

Back