• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meadow hay recommendations?

I've just bought them a fancy meadow hay made by pure pastures.

It has rose petals and plantain in.

They love plantain but haven't had rose petals for a long time do I need to introduce it slowly?

Also they had the vhd2 jabs, and bunny pedicures this morning and were very brave. (Although the did floof fur everywhere and try to climb onto my shoulder)

So not sure if I need to wait before trying something new as they had a stressful morning????

Sorry being a worried bunny mummy x

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I would feed it :)

You could mix it with their usual brand?

Haha. Is it ok to feed them lots of oat hay?

I think I'm going to get a few different small bags of hay and see what the munchkins like the most

Yes I see no problem with it. There's quite a few different hays when you look into it ..

Next time take a photo of them having their nails done ;)

Welcome :)

I was amused to understand how two tinies can floof fur everywhere. I can only wish I was there :love:
It was quite spectacular!!! They have an amazing ability to produce more floof than any other animal......

I had to apologise to the vet because her table was covered in nails and floof. I had to use a lint roller on myself when I got home. Hahaha

I was glad I phoned the vet because it said they didn't have the vaccine on the vhd2 map. But they did have it....

I felt it was spreading nearer and I work on a nature reserve full of wild rabbits, so was getting risky.

Saw you post about Southampton which isnt far.:-(

Yes I see no problem with it. There's quite a few different hays when you look into it ..

Next time take a photo of them having their nails done ;)
Haha there is no way I could hold them still and take a photo. Even the vet said they had extra fluffy feet.

It was quite spectacular!!! They have an amazing ability to produce more floof than any other animal......

I had to apologise to the vet because her table was covered in nails and floof. I had to use a lint roller on myself when I got home. Hahaha

I was glad I phoned the vet because it said they didn't have the vaccine on the vhd2 map. But they did have it....

I felt it was spreading nearer and I work on a nature reserve full of wild rabbits, so was getting risky.

Saw you post about Southampton which isnt far.:-(

Yes, far too risky for any of us to have unvaccinated rabbits, I fear :(

You just never know when and where it's going to pop up next... I hope vets realise this and keep adequate stocks of the vaccine.

Yes, far too risky for any of us to have unvaccinated rabbits, I fear :(

You just never know when and where it's going to pop up next... I hope vets realise this and keep adequate stocks of the vaccine.
Yeah. I thought there was nowhere near me with the vaccine, so it's definitely worth calling your vet to check.

Thanks for all your posts about the disease it brought it to be attention.

Yeah. I thought there was nowhere near me with the vaccine, so it's definitely worth calling your vet to check.

Thanks for all your posts about the disease it brought it to be attention.

You're welcome. I'm glad it's of use!

I try and keep it updated so new folk who join can see what an issue RHD2 is.

It's had nearly 70,000 views, so hopefully helped a few people :)

Back