Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tan is poorly

Wise Old Thumper

Default Tan is poorly

She had a mucky bum yesterday evening, which is unlike her. She ate then and appeared otherwise normal. However, this morning she is not eating, looks frail and has laboured breathing. It went down to -1% here last night

Managed to get a vet appointment for 9am. Vet agreed her breathing was laboured, but wanted to do an xray (conscious) before deciding on treatment. She has been admitted and will have the x-ray, gut meds and syringe feeds/fluids.

I will get an update later today.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    She had a mucky bum yesterday evening, which is unlike her. She ate then and appeared otherwise normal. However, this morning she is not eating, looks frail and has laboured breathing. It went down to -1% here last night

Managed to get a vet appointment for 9am. Vet agreed her breathing was laboured, but wanted to do an xray (conscious) before deciding on treatment. She has been admitted and will have the x-ray, gut meds and syringe feeds/fluids.

Omi, my thoughts are with you. I hope Tan comes through OK, and the vet manages to diagnose the issue.

Hugs for you x

Thinking of you both and hoping she recovers well xx

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Oh no

Millions of vibes being sent xx

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

I'm so sorry to hear Tan is poorly Sending millions of vibes for your beautiful girlie

Wise Old Thumper

Oh no, poor Tan, and another worry for you. Lots of vibes and hugs.

Wise Old Thumper

X-ray is showing an area on one of her lungs. Most likely it's an abscess, so she's been given Penicillin injection and is on oxygen. They're wondering if it has anything to do with what Yan had, but tbh I'm doubtful.

They are now trying to contact Mark at Trinity for advice. They offered to refer her, but rightly or wrongly I don't want to stress her with a long car journey.

My gut feeling at the moment is, as long as she doesn't continue to require oxygen, to treat her at home.

X-ray is showing an area on one of her lungs. Most likely it's an abscess, so she's been given Penicillin injection and is on oxygen. They're wondering if it has anything to do with what Yan had, but tbh I'm doubtful.

They are now trying to contact Mark at Trinity for advice. They offered to refer her, but rightly or wrongly I don't want to stress her with a long car journey.

My gut feeling at the moment is, as long as she doesn't continue to require oxygen, to treat her at home.
    I am sorry to hear that the Xray shows a problem Hopefully your Vet will manage to contact Mark and that he will be able to offer some further treatment suggestions xx

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

Banned

I'm sorry to hear this. You must worried, what with your other worries too

Can your vet send the X-ray to Mark for his assessment? I reckon that's just as good as a visit, given the circumstances.

Sending lots of vibes for both you and the special girl xxx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness