• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mixed emotions - Pumpkin goat trouble. Update- rehomed- pics

Just catching up!
I'm so pleased it went well - Pumpkin is going to be very happy there and sounds as though he has a buddy already!
Pickle, Charlie and Lola are also going to be happier - more space, no 'bullying'.
I understand completely how you feel - I am going through very similar myself. We are putting our pets' needs and happiness first - and, as has been said to me, we can't do better than that. xxx

Yes, and his new buddy is massive :shock:
They are much happier already, you can see they are relieved he's gone!
Yes,I know, I knew you'd understand. it is so hard, I've never had to rehome a pet before , but we have to put them first :love: xxx

Here is a photo of Pumpkin with his new friend Martin :love:
mV4ikpf.jpg

And the rest of the herd with all the grass they could wish for
rEfc18V.jpg

They seem fine, they are behaving pretty normally really :love: I've been able to open up the whole shed again so they have much more room :thumb:

Awwww.

I can't believe how small Pumpkin is next to Martin but he did have an attitude. Little man syndrome.;)

Sending loads of good wishes for Pumpkin in his new home. He's actually got an estate there, hasn't he :lol: I can't imagine that he won't be happy there and of course the remaining three will definitely have a more peaceful life.

Sending lots of hugs. I'm sure you're having very mixed emotions atm. Being able to keep in touch will help a bit I'm sure.

I love the pics, Zoobec! Some very happy goats!
Sending you hugs - think you could do with them. x

Sending loads of good wishes for Pumpkin in his new home. He's actually got an estate there, hasn't he :lol: I can't imagine that he won't be happy there and of course the remaining three will definitely have a more peaceful life.

Sending lots of hugs. I'm sure you're having very mixed emotions atm. Being able to keep in touch will help a bit I'm sure.

Yes, there's so much land! And there's lots of goat sheds too so they can choose to share or not!
I do feel sad because I've had to give him up but I'm relieved they are all happier:love: I've just had word that he's had his tea and gone to bed!

Thanks for the hugs xx

So pleased that it's working out well for you and the goats. It's a very selfless thing that you have done, but very hard too. I'm sure it will get easier knowing Pumkin is a happy boy, especially as you can visit. Big hugs for you xxxxx

That place looks great,I'm sure he'll be very happy there.Your remaining little family will be more relaxed too,which can only ge a good thing.x

I've had lots of updates and Pumpkin is happy and doing well. He's now with the herd all the time and is best buddies with another of her Pygmy goats.

Pickle, Charlie and Lola are still using their original half of the shed to sleep in at night, they like snuggling in a big huddle, they are really enjoying being able to come and go as they please and Lola is visibly more relaxed and has started to come out of her shell more. Charlie and Lola have started playing more.

So I am feeling very relieved and happy with my decision and the situation:D

Wonderful news that they are all so happy now. You definitely made the right call, even if it was heartbreaking x

I'm pleased that you've had a positive update. It must make the decision more emotionally manageable. Isn't it interesting that the other three still sleep in their original half of the shed :) It's lovely that you're already noticing a change in Lola's behaviour.

It's such a difficult and heart-aching decision to make, I've sadly been there. However, it sounds like all the positives you hoped for in making the decision have occurred. I'm really pleased for you all, and not least the naughty Pumpkin himself. :love:

Back