• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mixed emotions - Pumpkin goat trouble. Update- rehomed- pics

This sounds like a perfect solution for Pumkin, and I'm sure he'll be very happy with his new pals. It's nice that you will be able to visit too, she sounds a real nice goat lady. Good luck xxx

Thanks once again, it's a tricky situation and one I've had to make the best of really. I knew you would all understand:love:

Thankyou everyone :love: after having spoken to her last night and slept on it, I feel relieved really. I'm excited for him to be honest. I think it will be the perfect place for him, he's not keen on barriers and rules, there he will be able to choose his own shed, depending on who he wants to share with, and he won't ever be closed in anywhere. And hopefully the fact that there are goats there of his own personality will be good. It's a shame I'm not part of his new life but he's not a people goat anyway, he couldn't care less who feeds him :lol:

It will be much better for us, and for Pickle, Charlie and Lola too, because they can have the whole shed and come and go as they please during the day.

Fingers crossed it goes smoothly!

I'm sure it'll be hard to say goodbye, but 30 acres and some goat friends he can get along with - it definitely sounds perfect for him!

So, Pumpkin will be going to his new home tomorrow. I feel like an emotional wreck! I feel very sad that he's going, but glad for him that he will be going to a home where there are lots more friends he can team up with, and glad for Pickle, Charlie and Lola that they can have the whole shed to themselves and not be in fear of him! The three of them are so close and I often look at them on goat cam to see them all sleeping intertwined and resting heads on each other :love:

I hope I'll feel better when it's all over with, it's too hard :cry:

Awww I know it's tough for you but soon you will see how happy the trio are without Pumpkin and Pumpkin will be happier himself. Xxx

You are being very selfless and putting Pumpkin's needs before your own. I can only begin to imagine how hard it will be to see him go off to a new home. I hope that he will settle in well and that you will get some updates about him xx

You are being very selfless and putting Pumpkin's needs before your own. I can only begin to imagine how hard it will be to see him go off to a new home. I hope that he will settle in well and that you will get some updates about him xx

Thankyou everyone:love: it helps to talk on here :thumb: the lady who he's going too is lovely, and says we can go and see him when we like and she will keep in touch with photos. So long as they are all happy that is all I want :thumb:

This x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your support everyone:love: it went very well, the other 5 goats are all boys and similar temperament to Pumpkin, there was a bit of head bashing between them all but one of them became his friend quickly and was calling to him to follow them! It’s a great place and the lady is really lovely so I feel very relieved that they all seem to be getting on well. She’s going to keep me updated and send me photos and we can go and see him whenever we like too :thumb:

Thanks for all your support everyone:love: it went very well, the other 5 goats are all boys and similar temperament to Pumpkin, there was a bit of head bashing between them all but one of them became his friend quickly and was calling to him to follow them! It’s a great place and the lady is really lovely so I feel very relieved that they all seem to be getting on well. She’s going to keep me updated and send me photos and we can go and see him whenever we like too :thumb:

That all sounds really positive :) xx

You so made the right call & i hope the updates & photos help you cope with his rehoming. Now you can enjoy goat cuddles again x

Just catching up!
I'm so pleased it went well - Pumpkin is going to be very happy there and sounds as though he has a buddy already!
Pickle, Charlie and Lola are also going to be happier - more space, no 'bullying'.
I understand completely how you feel - I am going through very similar myself. We are putting our pets' needs and happiness first - and, as has been said to me, we can't do better than that. xxx

You so made the right call & i hope the updates & photos help you cope with his rehoming. Now you can enjoy goat cuddles again x
Yes, definitely, when we got there it felt like it was the right thing to do. And Pickle, Charlie and Lola are much happier already, they're already enjoying having more space!

Back