• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Randy male?

BeccaT

Young Bun
I have two boy rabbits (Indoors), aged about 18 months (brothers from a rescue). They are neutered (quite some time ago as I have had them 5 months & they were done before going to the rescue). Over the last couple of days the more dominant one keeps mounting the less dominant one. He runs away, but it becomes like a game of chase as he perserveres. There is no aggression with it.
Is it normal? Should I do anything? At the moment I clap or verbally tell him off, he stops for a couple of minutes & then carries on. I just feel really sorry for my less dominant one as he can't eat hay in peace at the moment without being harassed!

It could be that the less dominant rabbit isn't feeling very well so the other one is bullying him. If he keeps mounting the less dominant bunny it looks like you will have to separate them. Sorry that's not what you want but what else can you do. How much space have they got?

Thank you. They have the entire lounge. The less dominant one has had watery eyes and now he has been better for a while the other one seems to be doing it less.

Back