• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay hay hay

glitterdust

Warren Scout
I have bought every single hay under the sun from every website, every shop and every brand. Timothy hay is a definite no no because of my allergies. Today I received oat hay from timothyhay.co.uk and a very cheap bag of meadow hay for 2.99 for 2.25kg from vet UK.The oat hay looks lovely and stalky and ideally this is what I would love them to eat, the vet UK meadow hay looks more brown with a few green bits and its quite dusty and doesn't look appetising at all. The oat hay went down well temporarily but then they got fed up of it. The cheap meadow hay from vet UK.they BOTH love it. Why?
Does the colour of hay and texture matter so much? I am Tempted to taste it myself and see what the difference is.
I thought hay had to be green. [emoji3]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Hay is just dry grass: left in the sun/UV light it'll go brown, dried quickly and stored it'll stay green. My buns prefer the brown stuff, unless it's readigrass :D My readigrass is now brown, they still love it just as much!

Hay is just dry grass: left in the sun/UV light it'll go brown, dried quickly and stored it'll stay green. My buns prefer the brown stuff, unless it's readigrass :D My readigrass is now brown, they still love it just as much!
Oh well that is good news. Much Cheaper for me in the long run.
Thank you

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Cheaper still you can buy bales of meadow hay from equestrian feed merchants, mine cost £5.75 and would last rabbits ages :thumb: my rabbit loves it :thumb: use an old duvet cover or a bale bag to keep your car boot clean

Back