• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered bunnies rebonding

Molly17

New Kit
Hi :) So after a couple of major fights my two male mini lops have been neautered, this was just over two weeks ago and physically they seem to have made a full recovery. We are really anxious to successfully rebond them, as they were so loving beforehand, and because there is an outdoor hutch waiting for them to share outside. We are currently keeping them in two seperate indoor hutches next to each other, so they can see, smell and get their nose up against each other. They haven't shown any signs of aggression towards each other, and so I was wondering if there was any advice about when we should put them together again? :)

I'm sorry to say that 2 weeks is not long enough for their hormones to simmer down. I have never bonded boys but the recommended time to wait is at least 2 months!

Hi :) So after a couple of major fights my two male mini lops have been neautered, this was just over two weeks ago and physically they seem to have made a full recovery. We are really anxious to successfully rebond them, as they were so loving beforehand, and because there is an outdoor hutch waiting for them to share outside. We are currently keeping them in two seperate indoor hutches next to each other, so they can see, smell and get their nose up against each other. They haven't shown any signs of aggression towards each other, and so I was wondering if there was any advice about when we should put them together again? :)

Hi Molly :wave:

Male hormones can take up to three months to 'settle down', so I would not put a couple of boys together until 6/8 weeks minimum. You usually only get one shot at bonding males so I never rush this bit :)

How are they doing now?

Back