• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Penny (01/06/17 - 29/10/17)

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I'm very sad to say I found Penny had died last night, I knew something wasn't right when I went to feed her last night and she wasn't in her wheel. She was always in her wheel at that time, I found her curled up in her bad fast asleep. She was so young, and I am so shocked. She was fine that morning and never showed any signs of anything being wrong, I wish I knew what happened. I'm convincing myself she was drinking more and I should've taken her to the vets, but her weeing and eating etc was fine. I'm so sorry you had such a short life Penny, but I hope it was a good one. You was never without anything, you stood out to me in pets at home when I had never planned to get another hamster but I am glad I chose you. Enjoy rainbow bridge, be with Leonard my first Syrian to introduced me to how lovely and full of character they can be, as you were. :cry: :love:

IMG_20170627_130126140 by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20170626_234739146 by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20170615_223401642 by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20170615_223039078 by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20170615_222534173_BURST000_COVER_TOP by Hliz, on Flickr

She looks so sweet & delicate. I'm sorry her wonderful life with you wasn't longer. Scurry free Penny xx

I am so sorry to read about Penny :cry: She looked to have been a very lovely Hampster.

I've kept Syrian hamsters for nearly twenty years,most have lived long lives (for them) two to three years.Only a couple have died younger ,a year and half,a year and ten months.Difficult to say why she died young,with no symptoms,so sorry.

I am sorry for your loss of such a lovely pet. Please try to not second guess yourself. She was lucky to have such a loving person to give her a good home.

Thank you all. I hope she just passed in her sleep like it looked like, I've never lost a pet without any illnesses so don't know what to do with myself.

Back