• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Reuben please - U/D He's gone

What a terrible shock for you. I'm very sorry. His/your bonding piece really helped me. He was a beautiful rabbit. Sleep peacefully Reuben x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry you've lost Reuben [emoji17] I've watched your bonding videos a few times and always had a soft spot for dear little Reuben as I always thought he had such a wonderful expressive little face. He really was a beautiful bunny and very lucky to have shared his life with you and all his bunny friends xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I feel like this is it. All my rabbits seem to die young, that’s 9 now I’ve lost since I first got rabbits 8 years ago. It’s crazy. They’ve all been under 6 (well as far as we know when it comes to the rescues). It’s as though the rabbits are destined to die young when they come to live with me. As much as I love them I don’t think I can take on any more, it’s too much and I can’t take the guilt. :cry:

Thank you. I feel like this is it. All my rabbits seem to die young, that’s 9 now I’ve lost since I first got rabbits 8 years ago. It’s crazy. They’ve all been under 6 (well as far as we know when it comes to the rescues). It’s as though the rabbits are destined to die young when they come to live with me. As much as I love them I don’t think I can take on any more, it’s too much and I can’t take the guilt. :cry:

I can see why you'd think so, especially so soon after Reuben, but you're not cursed - as long as you provide for a pet in all the right ways than there's no reason that anything to do with their care would cause them to die younger. It's probably mostly genetics. Maybe past homes a bit too, depending on if they were neglected or not. They might have originally come from a bad breeder who breeds any two rabbits together, then gone to a pet shop, then to a more or less clueless owner, then finally to the rescue where they were finally fed and exercised correctly etc.

You're a great rabbit owner so I hope you're not feeling really guilty xx Most rabbits go to homes that aren't as good as yours so any rabbits you adopt are lucky to have you. You've had some bad luck but maybe next time you'd get rabbits that happen to have good genetics and a longer lifespan.

Reuben was such an adorable bun, RIP :(

M&TM not all of us are lucky enough to have a bun that lives to 10+ years. From your videos and posts your rabbits have an ideal life, they look happy, friendly and are well looked after. It is important to remember the tiny hutches and inappropriate food from their life before the rescue and coming to live with you

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I can see why you'd think so, especially so soon after Reuben, but you're not cursed - as long as you provide for a pet in all the right ways than there's no reason that anything to do with their care would cause them to die younger. It's probably mostly genetics. Maybe past homes a bit too, depending on if they were neglected or not. They might have originally come from a bad breeder who breeds any two rabbits together, then gone to a pet shop, then to a more or less clueless owner, then finally to the rescue where they were finally fed and exercised correctly etc.

You're a great rabbit owner so I hope you're not feeling really guilty xx Most rabbits go to homes that aren't as good as yours so any rabbits you adopt are lucky to have you. You've had some bad luck but maybe next time you'd get rabbits that happen to have good genetics and a longer lifespan.

Reuben was such an adorable bun, RIP :(

I agree absolutely with William.

I have been watching your bonding videos recently and have found them so helpful. They really stand out amongst most of the other rubbish ones. I must admit to feeling some sadness though when watching Reuben :( He really was very beautiful. You see, Emma, not only have you helped give a fantastic home to all of your rabbits, but you have also provided such a wonderful resource to other rabbit owners who wish to bond.

I can really understand how you are feeling, but on behalf of unwanted and uncared for rabbits out there, we hope you will change your mind. As my OH would say, "You have more work to do".

It's not you, or anything you have done or not done. You have been terribly unlucky:cry: I've seen your videos and your shed tours and your rabbits have everything they need and more. Please don't give up. More rabbits need homes like you can give them. I'm thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Back