• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Textured laminate

Ruthyjones89

Mama Doe
Hi guys,

Just looking for some thoughts really, we currently live in a bungalow which is carpet throughout. The problem is the carpet we currently have is very poor quality from the last owner & in many places it's thread bare. Due to the amount we have to cover, we are actually thinking of using textured laminate in our kitchen, lounge & Main corridor instead of carpet. The bunnies do have their own bedroom which is carpet which will be staying as carpet & then also access to the rest of the house.

I know bunnies don't tend to cope very well on laminate, but we have found one that's textured, to help give the buns grip. I'm also going to buy some rugs for their special spots, like under their castle.

Do you think this will be okay?

Hi guys,

Just looking for some thoughts really, we currently live in a bungalow which is carpet throughout. The problem is the carpet we currently have is very poor quality from the last owner & in many places it's thread bare. Due to the amount we have to cover, we are actually thinking of using textured laminate in our kitchen, lounge & Main corridor instead of carpet. The bunnies do have their own bedroom which is carpet which will be staying as carpet & then also access to the rest of the house.

I know bunnies don't tend to cope very well on laminate, but we have found one that's textured, to help give the buns grip. I'm also going to buy some rugs for their special spots, like under their castle.

Do you think this will be okay?

There's quite a variety of textured laminates these days :) My rabbits seem to manage much better on it than ordinary laminate or wood, so depending on what you've in mind, I would definitely consider it :)

Treacles room is covered in textured laminate, covering the wood flooring. She manages fine, it's very grippy, with a few mats here and there.

My bunny room is textured laminate and both Boots my bridge bun and Frosty manage fine on it. It might take them a bit of getting used to but I'm sure they will be fine:thumb:

Girls only have a little textures laminate but I've had to put non slip mats onto it otherwise they don't go on there.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks so much everyone, really appreicate your comments!

I think we are going ahead with it, but planning to have a large rug in the middle of our lounge which will cover most of the area anyway and they don't tend to go in the kitchen. Then for the corridor, we'll see how they go but if they struggle.. We'll sort something out for them.

I have a feeling Bailey will be fine as he currently skates across our kitchen tiles fine but bella won't go near them, then again she's fine on the lino in the bathroom, so suppose we'll have to wait and see! :)

Pfffft... The efforts we have to go to for bunnies!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks so much everyone, really appreicate your comments!

I think we are going ahead with it, but planning to have a large rug in the middle of our lounge which will cover most of the area anyway and they don't tend to go in the kitchen. Then for the corridor, we'll see how they go but if they struggle.. We'll sort something out for them.

I have a feeling Bailey will be fine as he currently skates across our kitchen tiles fine but bella won't go near them, then again she's fine on the lino in the bathroom, so suppose we'll have to wait and see! :)

Pfffft... The efforts we have to go to for bunnies!! :lol: :lol:

Yes!!! :roll::lol:

Back