• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

Jennie13

New Kit
Hi,

I suddenly realised it was poor form to post asking for help without popping here first to say hi!

I’ve had rabbits for six years now and have lurked on here for a while so thought I should probably join in. My Avatar shows Efa (the white lionhead x) and Elwood my first bun who is now otrb). I’m currently trying to bond Efa with a new bun (which has brought me out of lurking).

Other than buns I watch too many boxed sets while knitting/spinning, and I spend far too much time removing hay from the most unlikely places 😂

Hi,

I suddenly realised it was poor form to post asking for help without popping here first to say hi!

I’ve had rabbits for six years now and have lurked on here for a while so thought I should probably join in. My Avatar shows Efa (the white lionhead x) and Elwood my first bun who is now otrb). I’m currently trying to bond Efa with a new bun (which has brought me out of lurking).

Other than buns I watch too many boxed sets while knitting/spinning, and I spend far too much time removing hay from the most unlikely places 😂

Hello Jennie and welcome :wave:

Do you have a spinning wheel? x

Thank you! Yes I have a wheel and drop spindles. I’ve never tried spinning rabbit fibre. I once bought some back from a wool show and my former rabbit attacked it on sight so it’s been in an upstairs drawer every since!

Thank you! Yes it’s proving to be a very different experience and I think I pushed it too quickly due to my previous experiences. But I’ve gone back to basics, so fingers crossed we’ll get there in time. She really would benefit from another bun even if she doesn’t realise it.

Thank you! Yes I have a wheel and drop spindles. I’ve never tried spinning rabbit fibre. I once bought some back from a wool show and my former rabbit attacked it on sight so it’s been in an upstairs drawer every since!

Oh how funny your rabbit attacked the fur!

Your spinning sounds fascinating :)

Hello Jennie! I've tried felting bunny fur but it just didn't work. Was going to make a mini Bob but I think it's too fine or too short fibres or something. Not sure what Bob would have made of it either[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Back