• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ReadiGrass

Natalie

Warren Scout
How long can ReadiGrass be kept once it’s opened? I’m presuming, as a dried product, it will last for months but just wanted to check - thanks.

I’m just getting our rescue bun, Caramel, used to being indoors, rather than outside, and I like the idea of her having access to grass - albeit dried - 24/7. She has fresh Timothy Hay always available, and I feed her twice a day with greens (mostly forage and herbs) and pellets. And, yeah, okay, I pick a few dandelions every now and then to greet her with when I go say hello lol :)

I can’t believe how well she seems to be adjusting to life indoors, here she is just chillin’ :D

p2584640200-4.jpg

I would assume it would last a few months, maybe give the company a call.

She is so cute, yes looks like she's not enjoying indoor life!! It's good that she's indoors if she's on her own as bunnies love company. Doughnut follows me around everywhere, always under my feet but sweet though.

How long can ReadiGrass be kept once it’s opened? I’m presuming, as a dried product, it will last for months but just wanted to check - thanks.

I’m just getting our rescue bun, Caramel, used to being indoors, rather than outside, and I like the idea of her having access to grass - albeit dried - 24/7. She has fresh Timothy Hay always available, and I feed her twice a day with greens (mostly forage and herbs) and pellets. And, yeah, okay, I pick a few dandelions every now and then to greet her with when I go say hello lol :)

I can’t believe how well she seems to be adjusting to life indoors, here she is just chillin’ :D

p2584640200-4.jpg

:love: gorgeous relaxed girlie

I've had a huge sack of readigrass that lasted a year once. It should be fine but as with all hay / other dry feed rely on your sight & sense of smell too

p2584640200-4.jpg

Hi Natalie :wave:

Lovely photo :love:

Readigrass, if kept dry, will keep up to a year xx

Thanks all, I'll give her another try with it. I bought it when she was still living outside and she didn't touch it, so fingers crossed she'll at least give it the time of day this time around and try a bit! Not that she's spoilt or fussy or anything :lol:

My 15kg bag has been open for 4 months now. Still very fresh but not sure I'll get through it in time... we still have about 12kg left :oops:

I may make some cookies from it for the local rescues.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness that looks like a contented bun[emoji4]. The only issue I have with readigrass is the longer I have it it gets crushed and they won't eat it once it's powder so I end up throwing the end of the bag away. Lovely to hear from you and thanks for the great photo x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Thanks so much everyone for your replies, I've given her a bit and she's had a nibble, so I'll keep some available for her all the time and she can just nibble on it whenever she likes :)

I've had mine open for much longer than a year, maybe two already? We're at the bottom of a small bag, they get a handful when it's dry and calm and winter (no other forage) as something for them to do that's a bit more interesting. It's discoloured but otherwise fine :)

Thanks so much everyone for your replies, I've given her a bit and she's had a nibble, so I'll keep some available for her all the time and she can just nibble on it whenever she likes :)

I love the word 'nibble' :D I think I might name one of my future rabbits Nibbler :lol:

Aww she looks so sweet there Natalie! :love: And I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like her coat is looking a lot glossier and healthier since you've taken her on. You wouldn't know she's an elderly bun :)

Aww she looks so sweet there Natalie! :love: And I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like her coat is looking a lot glossier and healthier since you've taken her on. You wouldn't know she's an elderly bun :)

Thanks, she really is a little sweetie and seems to be doing well, quite the little madam really lol I do find spending time just sitting with her, stroking her, very relaxing and therapeutic. She seems to go all dreamy and relaxed, she closes her eyes and often chatters her teeth (I’m hoping a happy purring kind of chatter rather that an angry chatter!) She really doesn’t like being picked up though, stroked yes, picked up, no! :)

Back