• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Been guiltily absent, now need advice :( U/D bonding success!

I'll PM you some bonding advice tomorrow if you like, ive only bonded a handful of times myself but know a few more experienced people xxx

ERC - thinking about you :wave:

How's things going for you? xx hugs xx

Thanks MM. Lupin and Luna have been sharing the big enclosure with a mesh divide but still don't appear to be taking to each other. I'm going to start trying bonding sessions this week by putting them in our big pet carrier and rolling them down the road. We don't have a car! What do you reckon? I'll do some bathroom sessions with them as well.

How are you? Hugs back xxx

Oh ERC. I'm so sorry I've only just seen this x I hope the bonding sessions go well x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks MM. Lupin and Luna have been sharing the big enclosure with a mesh divide but still don't appear to be taking to each other. I'm going to start trying bonding sessions this week by putting them in our big pet carrier and rolling them down the road. We don't have a car! What do you reckon? I'll do some bathroom sessions with them as well.

How are you? Hugs back xxx

We are doing good, thank you :)

I hope your bonding sessions go well. Please update when you can and wishing you loads of good luck xx

We are doing good, thank you :)

I hope your bonding sessions go well. Please update when you can and wishing you loads of good luck xx

Well, bonding sessions haven't happened yet as I decided to be I'll instead, whoops. Starting to recover now so will try tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)

So after many, many failed bonding sessions (always Luna's fur flying), I took a risk and just removed the center partition. I then supervised them over a day and guess what? It strangely worked. They immediately swapped houses and both seemed happy with the arrangement. There was some minor chasing but then they started to eat together then preen each other. Now they share the big hutch and use the other house for play.

I've checked on them about every 5 minutes over the past week and they are so sweet together! I'm so relieved.

Just goes to show, there's more than one way to skin a cat (horrible expression, what sicko came up with that?) And if at first you don't succeed, etc, etc.

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice as always, guys xxxxx

Aww glad to read this up date! So happy for you all, wishing you and your family (furry and otherwise!) all the best :) xxx

So after many, many failed bonding sessions (always Luna's fur flying), I took a risk and just removed the center partition. I then supervised them over a day and guess what? It strangely worked. They immediately swapped houses and both seemed happy with the arrangement. There was some minor chasing but then they started to eat together then preen each other. Now they share the big hutch and use the other house for play.

I've checked on them about every 5 minutes over the past week and they are so sweet together! I'm so relieved.

Just goes to show, there's more than one way to skin a cat (horrible expression, what sicko came up with that?) And if at first you don't succeed, etc, etc.

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice as always, guys xxxxx

I'm so absolutely pleased for you!! :D

This is wonderful news. Are you going to stay with us for a bit, if you can? :wave:

I'm so absolutely pleased for you!! :D

This is wonderful news. Are you going to stay with us for a bit, if you can? :wave:

Thanks, MM! I'm so relieved. Yes of course. If I disappear it's because I've just realised the apocalypse is upon us and I desperately need to rush around buying and making pressies. Or I might just be stuffing my face with a whole tub of brandy butter. Either way I'll always come back :D

Back