• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panels/playpen

Alicia

Mama Doe
I've had a look through the indoor sticky, I'm thinking of having a large dog crate with a playpen/panels attached. I'd love to have them free roaming but I don't trust them! What are the best/most cost effective way of getting the panels? I've heard that some aren't great, too flimsy or rabbits can get their head stuck. I'm undecided between getting those metal fencing panels or using C & C grids. What should I go for? I want it to be secure

Last edited:
We use a dog cage and a"Savic" puppy pen. We originally thought of this as a base and intended to let them free range, but one of our buns is extremely destructive, so we have now combined two puppy pens to give them 60sqft.
We have meshed the panels "just in case" although we thought the bars were unlikely to deform to allow a bun to get trapped, it was not worth the risk

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Thank you, I'm leaning more towards a play pen type thing. I already have a dog crate which I was going to put inside the pen as a base (never to be shut in) I feel like the C&C grids could come apart more easily

Back