Thread: Panels/playpen

Default Panels/playpen

I've had a look through the indoor sticky, I'm thinking of having a large dog crate with a playpen/panels attached. I'd love to have them free roaming but I don't trust them! What are the best/most cost effective way of getting the panels? I've heard that some aren't great, too flimsy or rabbits can get their head stuck. I'm undecided between getting those metal fencing panels or using C & C grids. What should I go for? I want it to be secure
    Last edited by Alicia; 21-10-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Archie - born October 2010
    Izzy - born July 2009

Alpha Buck

We use a dog cage and a"Savic" puppy pen. We originally thought of this as a base and intended to let them free range, but one of our buns is extremely destructive, so we have now combined two puppy pens to give them 60sqft.
    We have meshed the panels "just in case" although we thought the bars were unlikely to deform to allow a bun to get trapped, it was not worth the risk

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Thank you, I'm leaning more towards a play pen type thing. I already have a dog crate which I was going to put inside the pen as a base (never to be shut in) I feel like the C&C grids could come apart more easily

Archie - born October 2010
    Izzy - born July 2009

I've seen some people on here use these type https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01B4Z1RAG?th=1
    I've never used them or seen them in real life but they do look quite sturdy and you can buy multiple sets or extra panels to get the size and shape you want

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

This is the one I used - easy to disassemble & reassemble. Stores away almost flat and easy to add more to it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...aypen+drop+pin

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk