• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well fiba first again

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
First he was not happy with old bath that had began to go soft near bottom so I ordered brand new 2kg box, first he ate them, now he is turning his nose up a these, he been on the food a year and now can't get him to eat a stick no matter how much try, he will eat the treat sticks of pea and mint though when I tested him to see, maybe new ones too hard, or smell to strong fussy rabbit or what
Had to go out and get a bag of new supreme grain free which he gobbles all up, I would prefer him to be back on fibafirst, but this is better then nothing, still eating everything else its rather odd, he now sniffs them and turns his nose to them, used grab in excitement like dog with bone running around

I used to find that my rabbits had times when they refused Fibafirst and like you I very much wanted them to eat them :)

Anyway, I now get these https://www.vetuk.co.uk/rabbit-food...care-plus-digestive-health-formula-1kg-p-5639 They are very similar to Fibafirst, but are more expensive. However, my rabbits eat them much more readily and they seem to be more consistently crunchy and they don't break up so easily.

Are they still sticks like Fibafirst, Omi? And the same fibre content?

I used to find that my rabbits had times when they refused Fibafirst and like you I very much wanted them to eat them :)

Anyway, I now get these https://www.vetuk.co.uk/rabbit-food...care-plus-digestive-health-formula-1kg-p-5639 They are very similar to Fibafirst, but are more expensive. However, my rabbits eat them much more readily and they seem to be more consistently crunchy and they don't break up so easily.

They look good what fibre content, might order him some, shouldn't workout much more expensive if 6 pound odd for 1kg as paying 10 pound for 2kg of fibafirst

Yes, the crude fibre content is very slightly more than Fibafirst (32% compared to 30%). And yes they are sticks and look almost identical to Fibafirst. I suspect that my rabbits like the Fennel, which is in them :)

Yes, the crude fibre content is very slightly more than Fibafirst (32% compared to 30%). And yes they are sticks and look almost identical to Fibafirst. I suspect that my rabbits like the Fennel, which is in them :)

They sound good like they will help the his tummy to, wonder if they do sample packs that could him on first

If you pm me your address and can wait a few days (my car's being repaired atm), I'll gladly send you some to try :) Well, for Connoisseur'Chase to try anway :lol: It'll save you the hassle of contacting Supreme.

If you pm me your address and can wait a few days (my car's being repaired atm), I'll gladly send you some to try :) Well, for Connoisseur'Chase to try anway :lol: It'll save you the hassle of contacting Supreme.

Awww is that OK, i will pm you. Thanks xxx

well he liked them at first now refuses them, so its back on ss he seems happy on them and also I notice no excess ceacotrophes, and a=none on his bottom stuck to fur which was happening week or so before he reused fiba first, and also during summer which I thought was due to being out on grass a lot, maybe he knew best as he hasn't been doing any uncomfortable sliding belly on floor since changing to ss

so I have a 2kg bag of fiba first still which I will probably give to a rescue, rather then waste it, he so cheeky though as the treat ones mint and pea, he will still take them the last few I have had and given him :lol:

Supermarket in town got collection trolley for local rescue so donating the ff to that least will be used by bunnies in need, and not go to waste

Back