• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding my Pair Today - Live Updates/Advice Appreciated

Beapig

Mama Doe
Hi everyone :wave:

We've just started bonding Ham and Beatrice this morning. They've only been in with each other for about 10 minutes. So far Ham has relentlessly mounted her and pulled out a lot of her fur. Beatrice is just lying there and I'm worried that she isn't happy about it :( I know it's just instinct/them getting used to each other, but I worry anyway! From what I've read though, this is normal?

I've never done this before so any advice is really appreciated.

Ohhh...good luck, I'm just off to work so will miss your 1st 12 hours. Excess humping & fur pulling is normal. At this stage anything that isn't proper fighting is good. The submissive girl thing is normal (even Boo played this role during bonding with Joe, she showed a completely different side of her personality once she had her paw in the door :)

Good luck:thumb: I agree with what J&B said :thumb: I'moff to work too! If you watch Mischief and tinkers mums trio bonding video (in the bonding sticky) that might help:)

Agree again with what J&B says.
You'll likely find later today that her submission changes and she starts telling him where to go [emoji38]

Lots of good bonding vibes being send x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hi everyone :wave:

We've just started bonding Ham and Beatrice this morning. They've only been in with each other for about 10 minutes. So far Ham has relentlessly mounted her and pulled out a lot of her fur. Beatrice is just lying there and I'm worried that she isn't happy about it :( I know it's just instinct/them getting used to each other, but I worry anyway! From what I've read though, this is normal?

I've never done this before so any advice is really appreciated.

Good luck :wave:

Thanks you guys. Ham is still doing a lot of fur pulling...is this normal? Bea is acting submissive but is also running away from him a lot. She doesn't seem scared but nor does she seem like she wants the attention...

Thank you everyone, I think it's going well! They're set up in my office so I'm watching them while I work. Beatrice just washed Ham's head for a good two minutes, his eyes were closed the whole time in heavenly bliss :love:

Thank you everyone, I think it's going well! They're set up in my office so I'm watching them while I work. Beatrice just washed Ham's head for a good two minutes, his eyes were closed the whole time in heavenly bliss :love:

Aww :love: that's lovely:thumb:

I am admittedly a bit worried about Beatrice. While she has shown some affection towards Ham, his attention towards her is relentless. If she moves even the tiniest bit, he'll mount her. She's in her litter tray facing into the corner, I think because he won't leave her alone. Is it normal after 7 hours for him to still be doing loads of mounting and fur pulling? He wants her attention but she just seems to want to sleep! I feel guilty :(

I am admittedly a bit worried about Beatrice. While she has shown some affection towards Ham, his attention towards her is relentless. If she moves even the tiniest bit, he'll mount her. She's in her litter tray facing into the corner, I think because he won't leave her alone. Is it normal after 7 hours for him to still be doing loads of mounting and fur pulling? He wants her attention but she just seems to want to sleep! I feel guilty :(

I felt the same but its honestly just something they need to work through & its rare it will last more than a couple of days. Totally normal:) Stick with it, I know it looks bad from our point of view. You're doing great

sorry about above post, its not an appropriate reply anymore (saw your other thread after posting)

Back