• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Trio's New "Hutch" - a work in progress

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
A couple of days ago, I was looking at the outdoor trio's (Athena, River, Erasmus) hutch. I noticed a ton of water pooling on the roof. OH looked more closely at it, and said he'd replace the roof. All fine, all good. The hutch is 2 years old, so should be fine.

Except not. Looking deeper, this "top quality" hutch is full of bodge jobs and other issues. OH said he COULD repair it and re-roof it. I asked if it was worth it for extending the life of the thing. We decided it wasn't.

So that means instead, we're making a new home for them, from scratch. But we've got some interesting plans so I decided it would be best to make a diary.

The materials arrive next week. So this is just the start.

Will be watching with interest :)

My dh and I have just created a partition in our shed, to create two separate bunny 'pens'. Only problem was we were like the chuckle brothers and when he was drilling one of the screws, while I was holding a bracket, it slipped and took a chunk out of my finger :shock: Luckily it's fine, but sore x

So, we've got two sides and the lid cut out. :lol:

No progress today because both OH and I have been ill. We need to get this done asap and health is really not helping. I'll just be relieved once it's done.

So, we've got two sides and the lid cut out. :lol:

No progress today because both OH and I have been ill. We need to get this done asap and health is really not helping. I'll just be relieved once it's done.

...and tonight you have to breathe, and have a break xx Hugs xx

I'll be interested to see how you get on with this project. In the meantime I hope you both feel better soon.

...and tonight you have to breathe, and have a break xx Hugs xx

Thanks MM - I will reply to your PM soon, but very rough again today. I'm figuring it was triggered by yesterday's stress. Thank you for the ear. Hugs back. xxx

Omi - thank you. Tomorrow is always another day. At least we have the materials -- and the current hutch has been made as watertight as we can. If I feel like this again tomorrow it'll be a painkiller day. Hope you, Tan, and Tethra are doing well. xxx

We finally have a hutch!

The trio (now quintet) probably won't end up with it now. Hopefully Helios, Selene, Persephone, and Morpheus will bond and then they'll get this alongside a new run in addition to what Persephone and Morph are in right now.

Not 100% finished but very nearly there.

IP5V8Er.jpg

qQhbJJX.jpg

eFAQhWd.jpg

Back